Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-03-2005, 11:40 AM   #1
elveejay
elveejay is on a distinguished road

Device: Visor Prism; Tungsten TE
Replace Handstory

Requesting suggestions to replace Handstory. I am not very tech savvy so I need to keep it simple. Thanks in advance.
elveejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 02:23 PM   #2
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
elveejay, my favorite alternatives are iSilo (commercial) and Plucker (free). For iSilo, you can find a huge list of pre-compiled mobile channels which makes the transition easier, especially if you are not too tech savvy.

Feel free to ask for help if you get stuck somewhere!!
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2005, 07:07 PM   #3
Chaos
Evangelist
Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Assorted older devices
I suggest at least trying Plucker before buying iSilo. You might find it fits your needs perfectly, and save a little money at the same time.
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 10:10 PM   #4
Pride Of Lions
just kinda geeky
Pride Of Lions began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
I like iSilo. It does have a free version, and if you don't ask for much from the reader it might be perfect for you. If you ask for more, then the commercial version might do. The desktop component that provides the conversions is free.

I looked at Plucker when I was looking to replace AvantGo, but it was difficult to understand (at least the Mac desktop component.) But, it could've been just me.
POL9A
Pride Of Lions is offline   Reply With Quote