Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-26-2024, 03:23 AM   #1
arturg
Zealot
arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 5 (10th gen)
SendToKindle uploads show up in Library even though not sent to device

Hello,

So with my Amazon account, I have registered two Kindle's: one for me and one for my wife.

When I send a book via SendToKindle, it shows up instantly on my Kindle as a document with no cover, just the same of the book and author. I have to click on it once to download the book and the cover.

My question is, how can I prevent this from happening? I would only like to see books in my Kindle that I specifically send to device from Amazon website after the book shows up on the site.

Reason why I ask is me and my wife have different approaches. I like to have all my books on Kindle, she only wants to have the one she is reading and doesn't even like books that I read but still on her Kindle my books are listed to be downloaded.
arturg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 07:51 AM   #2
jonathan2022
Connoisseur
jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android
Can't remember which version it starts from. but you need to update your kindle firmware to latest versions to see covers. You will then need to re-download ebooks. On other way to see covers is to transfer manually using calibre must be in azw3 format

Last edited by jonathan2022; 01-26-2024 at 07:53 AM.
jonathan2022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 08:50 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
The 'Send to Kindle' is a misnomer. It's Send to Amazon. Then it has to come back to your own network and Kindle, so your account settings on Amazon and on the Kindle and model and firmware affect how it works.

Also if you buy from Amazon and make 'too many' returns they will close your account and the Website library will be gone.

Put all the ebooks on your own computer(s) (all of them is good), remove DRM and manage with Calibre.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 02:07 PM   #4
Desertway
Addict
Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
If I'm understanding you correctly, the way that your wife can see only her downloaded books is to use the filters on the library page. On the far left, beneath the search bar, click the filter icon and select "downloaded". This should filter out everything else.
Desertway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 04:07 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by arturg View Post
Hello,

So with my Amazon account, I have registered two Kindle's: one for me and one for my wife.

When I send a book via SendToKindle, it shows up instantly on my Kindle as a document with no cover, just the same of the book and author. I have to click on it once to download the book and the cover.

My question is, how can I prevent this from happening? I would only like to see books in my Kindle that I specifically send to device from Amazon website after the book shows up on the site.

Reason why I ask is me and my wife have different approaches. I like to have all my books on Kindle, she only wants to have the one she is reading and doesn't even like books that I read but still on her Kindle my books are listed to be downloaded.
Don't send anyr eBooks to Amazon unless you actually want to download them to your Kindle. That solves the problem.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 06:38 PM   #6
Ebookus
Enthusiast
Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Ebookus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Hello,

You can't stop it from happening, the reason? Amazon doesn't actually show you the cover of the book on your library, it shows you an image that Publishers can easily replace (without touching the ebook file) if let's say a movie is released and they want the 'movie version' to show on the store. This is why you sometimes get one cover on the website, and another on the Lock Screen. The one used for lock screen is the embedded image on the file. Since you are sending this 'document' to Amazon, they can't match it to anything in their database, therefore it will only show the cover after you actually download the file to your device.

Regarding seeing books only on the devices you send them to, go to: content and devices > preferences > personal document settings > personal document archiving, and switch OFF archiving. If you use the 'send to kindle' website, there is a toggle at the bottom to 'add to your library', switch that off before you send it.
Ebookus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 07:45 PM   #7
deleted2
Member Retired
deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: N/A
Quote:
Hello,

If you use the desktop application, you can check and uncheck boxes. So you can choose where to send the ebook, on which device, in you library on not.

I transfer my EPUB with the app, or I convert them to KFX via Calibre.

Last edited by deleted2; 01-26-2024 at 07:52 PM.
deleted2 is offline   Reply With Quote