Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-15-2017, 09:40 AM   #1
Demingy
Groupie
Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2
Free Kindle eBook credit on Amazon (YMMV)

I just went to the Kindle book store on my iPad (browser, not app) and there was a banner ad for a free eBook credit. I clicked on it and got $3. Nothing for my husband though on his tablet browser, so it looks like YMMV.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A8DD39BB-C3CF-4304-89C8-DB9405C17DDC.jpeg
Views:	432
Size:	321.9 KB
ID:	159467  
Demingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 11:10 AM   #2
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Thanks. I didn't get the offer you described, but when I went to the Kindle Books page from my browser, I did an a offer of a $2 credit for a subsequent purchase if I bought any Kindle book. (I wonder if you can buy a free book and get the credit--I don't see an exclusion but I didn't think to try it.) The credit appeared almost instantly.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2017, 10:45 PM   #3
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
No banner for me. I wonder if you have to own a Kindle?
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 05:23 AM   #4
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
No banner for me. I wonder if you have to own a Kindle?
None for me, either. (I don't own a Kindle.)
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 11:44 AM   #5
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I checked my better half's account, using Silk on the Fire tablet. No banner there either. I suspect it was offered to Kindle owners only. To tie in to the new Oasis.
Advert
Old 10-16-2017, 11:47 AM   #6
Demingy
Groupie
Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2
Bummer. That could be it because my spouse doesn’t have a Kindle on his account. Hopefully this post is still helpful for some - the banner is still up for me even though I’ve already redeemed it so it seems to still be in effect for those eligible.
Demingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 11:55 AM   #7
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
The offer Catlady linked to works for me, but I haven't decided if I'll use it. $2 spread over two books doesn't amount to much of a discount, at least not on the prices in my wishlist. But if it's books I'll buy eventually anyway, two bucks is better than bupkes.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 12:08 PM   #8
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
The offer Catlady linked to works for me, but I haven't decided if I'll use it.
How could you tell it works? Did you also have a banner ad? I can follow the link, sure enough. But then the first bullet point in Terms & Conditions says: Only customers who receive an invitation to participate in this offer are eligible.
Old 10-16-2017, 12:17 PM   #9
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
I checked my better half's account, using Silk on the Fire tablet. No banner there either. I suspect it was offered to Kindle owners only. To tie in to the new Oasis.
I have a Kindle and I didn't get the banner either.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 12:19 PM   #10
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I have a Kindle and I didn't get the banner either.
Who did you anger at Amazon?
Old 10-16-2017, 12:21 PM   #11
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
How could you tell it works? Did you also have a banner ad? I can follow the link, sure enough. But then the first bullet point in Terms & Conditions says: Only customers who receive an invitation to participate in this offer are eligible.
Negative inference - when I don't quality for an offer, I'm told in cold print after clicking on a link. But, I could be wrong.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 12:29 PM   #12
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Who did you anger at Amazon?
They caught me going back for seconds at their banana stand and flagged my account. Hey, I'm a monkey; it's what I do
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 01:49 PM   #13
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
I didn't get an invitation either--at least that I'm aware of--but I got the credit. There happened to be a sale-priced ebook already on my radar, so this gave me the incentive to buy it, and I got the credit almost immediately.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 02:35 PM   #14
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
They caught me going back for seconds at their banana stand and flagged my account. Hey, I'm a monkey; it's what I do
I have it on reasonable authority that there's always money in the banana stand.

Old 10-16-2017, 03:07 PM   #15
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
2 Fire Tablets, 1 Fire phone & PW3 No Banner
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote