Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 06-27-2020, 01:39 PM   #1
Coogan
Coogan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara
KFMon icon

Hi,

after installing the KOReader on my Clara the My Books folder became a joint KFMon Log/My Books folder. First it looks ridiculous and second inside the folder are 15 pages of all files from the KFMon or KOReader directory beside my books. How do i fix this?
Coogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 02:03 PM   #2
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coogan View Post
Hi,

after installing the KOReader on my Clara the My Books folder became a joint KFMon Log/My Books folder. First it looks ridiculous and second inside the folder are 15 pages of all files from the KFMon or KOReader directory beside my books.
I would suggest RTFM but sounds a bit rude .

Is a known issue on kobos (not our fault). It is pinned on github. See https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/5430

Using One-click install packages should handle it automagically. See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=314220

Even more important, it is highlighted as important notes under official installation guide for your device. See https://github.com/koreader/koreader...n-Kobo-devices

Quote:
How do i fix this?
Apply the change mentioned in the wiki. Nickel will remove everything. Install it again. Next time RTFM

BTW, you can remove the kfmon-log png if you don't plan to use it. It looks nice here (but not as cool as the smiley RJunior45: https://github.com/pazos/cervantes-s...ges/usbnet.png on cervantes )
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 02:59 PM   #3
Coogan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
Apply the change mentioned in the wiki. Nickel will remove everything. Install it again.
Sorry but i still don't understand this. This is definitely in my ereader.conf:

[FeatureSettings]
ExcludeSyncFolders=\\.(?!kobo|adobe).*?

What's with this file on github https://github.com/NiLuJe/kfmon/blob...ll.sh#L85-L99? Do i have to run this?

Which installation method should i use?
Old 06-27-2020, 03:12 PM   #4
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

See this comment: https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ment-535730828

i.e: with your actual "ereader.conf" connect to USB, press the button to mount (remove kfmon-log.png here if you want), safe extract, wait while nickel is prunning the files. Now connect again and unzip KOReader again.
Old 06-27-2020, 03:52 PM   #5
Coogan

No change. Here are my steps:

emptied everything in adds and icons as well as kfmon und koreader pngs, extract koreader into root, eject, after reboot connect again and extract again.
Old 06-27-2020, 04:07 PM   #6
pazos
cosiñeiro

Quote:
No change. Here are my steps:

emptied everything in adds and icons as well as kfmon und koreader pngs, extract koreader into root, eject, after reboot connect again and extract again.
It is cool that you're trying to install it manually, but please RTFM. I promise it won't take more than a minute https://github.com/koreader/koreader...based-on-kfmon
Old 06-27-2020, 04:48 PM   #7
Coogan

I've tried one-click, semi-automated, KFMon and KSM.
Old 06-27-2020, 05:04 PM   #8
pazos
cosiñeiro

Quote:
I've tried one-click, semi-automated, KFMon and KSM.
Wow, you ran out of methods. It is better than you choose one and try to understand what it does.

KOReader is a program. You just need to download and uncompress it. But, in order to run on your device, you need a launcher to launch it. That's kfmon. A launcher based on pngs.

KFmon expects KOReader files in one folder and KOReader icon/png in other folder. The specific folders are in the wiki. If you uncompress KOReader or the icon on a different folder funny things could happen:

- You'll see a lot of icons if you uncompress KOReader on a non hidden directory (ie: a directory that doesn't start with a dot ".")
- You won't see nothing weird on Nickel but opening the KOReader icon won't do a thing.

Sorry. I can't help you. Use common sense, the wiki and some free time or let it be and stick with Nickel. It is good software and it's ready to use.
Old 06-28-2020, 12:09 AM   #9
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Also, KSM essentially takes over your device, so if you actually did install that one correctly, it'll have wrecked anything else you might have done halfway right before.

I'd say do a full factory reset (look up the manual "button combo on startup" method on the Kobo help page; or the more recent "devmodeon" approach), and stick to the OCP install script.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 06-28-2020 at 12:11 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 06:12 AM   #10
Coogan

Thanks everything works fine now.