Notices

Old 06-12-2010, 04:53 PM   #16
elmoglick
Groupie
elmoglick doesn't litterelmoglick doesn't litterelmoglick doesn't litter

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX, Kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekchick View Post
My Kindle isn't quite half as full as yours, but I'll chime in, anyway. I have 600 books on my Kindle and some of my collections have 150 items. Most of my books are in two or more collections. I have a roughly equal ratio of Amazon purchases to 3rd party documents. I organized everything all in one sitting without any issues.
If you are using 2.5.2, can you tell me how long it takes to delete a book? With 2.5 and about half that number of books, it takes about 45 seconds on my US DX (and about the same amount of time to see a book appear after receiving it OTA).
elmoglick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 12:19 AM   #17
trekchick
Lurker
trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Sonys and Kindles and Nooks, oh my!
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmoglick View Post
If you are using 2.5.2, can you tell me how long it takes to delete a book? With 2.5 and about half that number of books, it takes about 45 seconds on my US DX (and about the same amount of time to see a book appear after receiving it OTA).
Deleting is almost instantaneous for me with 2.5.2. A couple of books seemed like they hung with grayed-out titles for a few extra seconds (maybe 5, tops), but for the most part, it's been very quick.
trekchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2010, 03:39 AM   #18
elmoglick
Groupie
elmoglick doesn't litterelmoglick doesn't litterelmoglick doesn't litter

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX, Kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekchick View Post
Deleting is almost instantaneous for me with 2.5.2. A couple of books seemed like they hung with grayed-out titles for a few extra seconds (maybe 5, tops), but for the most part, it's been very quick.
That's great news. Sounds like they fixed the issue with 2.5. But I guess I'm stuck with it until the official release...(sigh)
elmoglick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 12:51 PM   #19
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Why on earth wouldn't you
I think that was exactly it. But I did what Trekchick warned against - I loaded them, and immediately put them in collections. The problem was I ended up with 500 or so uncategorized books, and just dumped them. After I wiped my documents folder, I loaded everything by collections. 400 Contemporary Romance, 350 Mystery and Thriller, etc, etc. Worked fine, except the battery drained FAST! But I charged it, and everything was fine.

Except then I decided I really didn't like so many books on my kindle. When I was loading everything, I kept seeing a book I really wanted to read, but it had gotten lost. So, I then proceeded to delete everything except what I wanted to read next. I got most collections (Self-Help, Contemporary Fiction, Contemporary NonFiction) down to a single page. Mystery and Thriller is about 40. Contemporary Romance is still 340, and I will winnow that down once my thumbs feel better.

Emoglick, I deleted about 800 books all at once. It probably took a couple seconds. I found the best way was to start with everything in collections. Then I could remove books from collections, even an entire page at a time. Then a simple left click deleted them, and I could just blindly left click. Evenyone in awhile, it took long enough that I ended up deleted this book after the one I meant to delete. But in the end, they were all deleted, and i didn't notice it took any longer than it did before I upgraded.

I hope everyone is writing Amazon and requesting alphabeitzing of collections. I did, and was worried they would say "But you aren't supposed to HAVE collections, you don't have the upgrade yet!" But they didn't, and said they forwarded my request to the "kindle team."
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 01:23 AM   #20
trekchick
Lurker
trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Sonys and Kindles and Nooks, oh my!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
When I was loading everything, I kept seeing a book I really wanted to read, but it had gotten lost. So, I then proceeded to delete everything except what I wanted to read next.
One of my collections is "Top of the TBR list" to spotlight my higher priority books from my other main collections.

I occasionally embrace minimalism and remove my "just in case" books from Kindle, but I always wind up putting them back on there.
trekchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert