Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-13-2013, 03:42 PM   #1
jocala
jocala began at the beginning.

Device: Nook 2
Margins problem

A book I'm copnverting has an extra-wide left margin, and all text is unjustified w/o a right margin. I tried ignore margins and the justify options under look & feel, no joy.

Thanks!
jocala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:47 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Where are you setting this?

Once a book has been converted, the settings that were used are stored (unless you use restore defaults button) for later use. Changing settings on the conversion screen is good.
Also try 'remove fake margins'

Preferences is where 'defaults' gets set.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2013, 04:13 PM   #3
jocala
jocala began at the beginning.

Device: Nook 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Where are you setting this?

Once a book has been converted, the settings that were used are stored (unless you use restore defaults button) for later use. Changing settings on the conversion screen is good.
Also try 'remove fake margins'

Preferences is where 'defaults' gets set.
I'm using calibre 08.38 and modifying the settings via the convert screen. The book is epub. These's a section where you can choose to ignore margins in css, I tried that and it left me with a narrow column of text down the center of the page with wide left and right margins.

If there's no easy way with calibre I guess I'll have to download sigil source and compile it for 64bit Linux ... I was hoping for an easier method
jocala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:19 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocala View Post
I'm using calibre 08.38 and modifying the settings via the convert screen. The book is epub. These's a section where you can choose to ignore margins in css, I tried that and it left me with a narrow column of text down the center of the page with wide left and right margins.

If there's no easy way with calibre I guess I'll have to download sigil source and compile it for 64bit Linux ... I was hoping for an easier method
Forget the distro (Uninstall that if you meet dependencies) and use the Command line shown on the Calibre-Linux download page

There is a Sigil Linux installer, so no need to compile (I don't believe there is a 64 bit version because of some the dependencies) .
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote