Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-08-2012, 03:35 AM   #1
jhildt
jhildt began at the beginning.

Device: calibre reader on PC
Nothing since 0.9.3 will open on my Mac

Can anybody help me?

I've been using Calibre on my MacBook Pro running OS 10.5.8 for a while, updating frequently. Then starting with 0.9.4 and later I get a "Quit Unexpectedly" message on launch and the program won't start. Fortunately I can back-install 0.9.3 and all is well.

Any idea what could be causing my "failure to launch" with newer versions of Calibre? I love the app and hate to think I can't keep it up to date.

Thanks for any ideas on this.
jhildt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:50 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Look in console.app for info about why calibre is not starting.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2012, 03:00 AM   #3
cooter
cooter began at the beginning.

Device: samsung galaxey tablet 2
i am having the same issue. I not running a mac. windows 7 64bit
cooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:23 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooter View Post
i am having the same issue. I not running a mac. windows 7 64bit
Since the Windows 7 64 bit version was just released in ver 0.9.9 you can't have the same issue of not working since ver 0.9.3

Please start a new thread with more details on your problem.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote