Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-05-2012, 08:29 PM   #61
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post

Spoiler:
Hilarious!!! Thanks for the laugh!!!
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:32 PM   #62
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Nope.
They're worried you might put Coolreader or Aldiko or Bluefire or Moon Reader or Kobo on it.
Or Kindle.
Which *I* would. (All of the Above.)
In fact, I won't buy it if I can't.
To enable sideloading of apps all it requires is changing one value in a database. I would expect the dev community to find a way around this rather quickly. Custom ROMs will probably be harder, but I'd say that should be doable as well, after all, the Nook Tablet had a locked bootlader and you can run Cyanogen on it.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2012, 12:12 AM   #63
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by tron_1970 View Post
--

My Comixology collection 6 months ago, took about 9GB of space, I wish there was a way I can move the files onto an SD card but no such luck. Not sure with my magazines.
I don't understand. I use 32GB USB2 drives all the time, and I believe there are the same equivalent SD cars, plus I know the USB2s come in 64GB and maybe 128GB.

What am I missing?
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:25 AM   #64
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
I don't understand. I use 32GB USB2 drives all the time, and I believe there are the same equivalent SD cars, plus I know the USB2s come in 64GB and maybe 128GB.

What am I missing?
The comics are viewable / accessible only from the ComiXology app, so they couldn't be moved to any kind of storage card or drive.
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:25 PM   #65
tron_1970
tron_1970 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tron_1970 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tron_1970 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tron_1970 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tron_1970 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tron_1970 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tron_1970 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tron_1970 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tron_1970 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tron_1970 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tron_1970 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by david_e View Post
The comics are viewable / accessible only from the ComiXology app, so they couldn't be moved to any kind of storage card or drive.
Correct, you can't have the user have a "physical" copy of the comic you just purchased. It's all in the cloud, one of the complaints I do have with Comixology is that they are still not forthright to what would happen if they close up shop tomorrow? Do we get to download all of the digital comics we purchased? Do they get converted to CBR or PDF format?

Steam which is a digital gaming PC distributor from Valve. Has always said that if Steam has to be such down they have a contingency plan that would allow all games purchased not to be connected to Steam. I would like to have that same reassurance from Comixology.
tron_1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2012, 02:55 PM   #66
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Alleged leak of iPad mini pricing (in Euros) €249 = $322

JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:58 PM   #67
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehunt View Post
Alleged leak of iPad mini pricing (in Euros) €249 = $322
But the German price presumably already includes sales tax (VAT), which the US prices would not, excluding VAT puts it at around $270.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:37 AM   #68
pastanley
Zealot
pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite 4, Kindle fire HD 10
Seriously do we really need these so called rumors? Its nothing but a ploy to keep driving interest and stock to Apple. The mini pad was supposed to have happened last year. Lets wait until an official announcement from Apple PLEASE
pastanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:12 AM   #69
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
My money is on $275, but that may change. I reserve the right to quibble and wobble.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:06 PM   #70
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Today's news/rumor etc:

http://news.yahoo.com/apple-reported...141535445.html
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:25 PM   #71
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post
Today's news/rumor etc:
The rumored display is a step into the past
  • 7.85" 1024x768 = 163 PPI
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:51 PM   #72
petermillard
Evangelist
petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, K3 & Amazon - between them they cover my needs.
Well, they've announced a special event for the 23rd. Be a hoot if all they announced was a new Mac Pro
petermillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:25 PM   #73
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
I got an email from m-edge - they are already hyping their iPad mini covers.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:45 PM   #74
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by petermillard View Post
Well, they've announced a special event for the 23rd. Be a hoot if all they announced was a new Mac Pro
Seems like they timed it just right so as to dampen Microsoft's Windows 8 and Surface launch hype.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:32 PM   #75
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
The rumored display is a step into the past
  • 7.85" 1024x768 = 163 PPI
But, that'll be a magical-revolutionary 163ppi.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote