Notices

Old 08-28-2007, 04:01 PM   #1
alophind
Connoisseur
alophind began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Treo 650
Reader doesn't recognize Memory Stick

Hi ,
I took my Sony PSP Memory Stick Pro Duo (2GB) and plugged it into the Sony Reader using a Memory Stick Duo Adaptor.

After the SYNC icon finish turning , I connected the reader to the software and when turned it on , I got error reading device on the memory stick.

Why is that ? Anyone knows ?

cheers.
Eran.
alophind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 04:03 PM   #2
alophind
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by alophind View Post
Hi ,
I took my Sony PSP Memory Stick Pro Duo (2GB) and plugged it into the Sony Reader using a Memory Stick Duo Adaptor.

After the SYNC icon finish turning , I connected the reader to the software and when turned it on , I got error reading device on the memory stick.

Why is that ? Anyone knows ?

cheers.
Eran.
Suddenly it works... wierd...
Advert
Old 08-28-2007, 04:21 PM   #3
alophind
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by alophind View Post
Suddenly it works... wierd...
There is a problem , Not always the program recognize it...
Does any know this problem ?
Old 08-28-2007, 04:29 PM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I remember a similar problem with SD cards, but not memory sticks ....

One of the things we figured out about SDs was that they need to be formatted in FAT, I suppose that might be a good thing to check on your Memory Stick. If it's one of the other formatting types, that might be the problem.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 11:11 AM   #5
Linda
Enthusiast
Linda began at the beginning.

Device: N/A
Is there any benefit to buying a memory stick as opposed to a memory card. I have been reading threads for awhile about trouble with the reader recognizing the cards and needing the cards to be formated. Is this true with the 505 or was that problem with the 500?
Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2007, 08:23 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I have a 2gig SD card that I got when I had my 500 because I needed it for the hacks. Now it's mostly used in the digital camera. All I did was pop in the SD card. No formatting, not tinkering. It just worked. I bought a Micro Center branded SD card.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 12:55 PM   #7
dgallina
dgallina began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
The biggest advantage of using the (proprietary, otherwise crappy) memory stick is that the 505 can use an 8 GB memory stick but only a 2 GB SD card per the specs.

I have an 8GB stick in mine, though it's only loaded with around 200 MB of books so far.

Per other posters, it may not matter if the reader interface slows to a crawl before reaching 2GB anyways.

Diego
dgallina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 07:17 PM   #8
urseus
urseus began at the beginning.

Device: Reader
im using the memory stick for music. Seriously, do you need more than 200 books on your reader at any one time?

Boy listening to music sucks out the juice though.
urseus is offline   Reply With Quote