Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 11-29-2010, 02:46 PM   #1
Lastblade
Nookie are we
Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks with and without color
NookColor: Screen protector/anti-glare film

I just bought the NC, but haven't opened it yet. I was wondering if I need the screen film protector or the anti-glare. I think the AG film would be beneficial, but not sure.

Any of you NC owner use one of the above?

here are the links for the official screen film:

Clear Screen Film Kit

Anti-Glare Screen Film Kit
Lastblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:56 PM   #2
Reeses
Reeses is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook Color
Mine came with one, but I believe they made a mistake as I didn't order it. It's too small for the screen and it was annoying to put on. Right now, it's not sticking properly, I can't get rid of some air bubbles and there's little hairs on the sticky part. Ugh. It does help with the glare though...
Reeses is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2010, 11:25 PM   #3
lisajjb
Enthusiast
lisajjb began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre, Nook Color, Samsung Galaxy 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeses View Post
Mine came with one, but I believe they made a mistake as I didn't order it. It's too small for the screen and it was annoying to put on. Right now, it's not sticking properly, I can't get rid of some air bubbles and there's little hairs on the sticky part. Ugh. It does help with the glare though...
Did you get the regular or anti-glare? Was it specifically for the NC? Seems weird that it would be marketed for NC but not the right size. Have you taken it out in the sun... can you read from it outside or not so much?
lisajjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:55 PM   #4
zeroh
Zealot
zeroh doesn't litterzeroh doesn't litter

Device: nook color
i would only get the anti-glare if you intend to read outside a lot. it's matte so there will be a little fade in screen clarity.
zeroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:12 AM   #5
Tess89
Enthusiast
Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I considered a screen protector but I changed my mind. I'm just not willing to lose any of the screen's sharpness. And I have no fear whatsoever that the screen might get scratched. It makes my iPad screen look fragile.

Last edited by Tess89; 12-02-2010 at 12:15 AM.
Tess89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2010, 05:53 AM   #6
StaticGuy
StaticGuy began at the beginning.

Device: nook color, sony prs-600, sony 300
I got the clear one and the screen is still very sharp, no loss. But it is easier to clean, doesn't get as fingerprintey, and is not so hyper sensitive.
StaticGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:20 AM   #7
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticGuy View Post
I got the clear one and the screen is still very sharp, no loss. But it is easier to clean, doesn't get as fingerprintey, and is not so hyper sensitive.
I'm tempted to try it. I have one on my phone and it's dull looking and grainy.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:27 PM   #8
negris123
Zealot
negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.

Device: nook
I got the anti-glare film for my NC because I got annoyed at how dirty the screen got from finger oils after a few minutes of using it. The screen definitely lost some sharpness, which was noticeable at first but I got used to it after a while. I was not concerned about getting scratches on the screen, more about the fingerprints. I am guessing that the clear film would not affect the screen's clarity like the anti-glare. I have tried it in direct sunlight and you can read it at full brightness (not as great as e-ink, but acceptable), but I don't read outside anyway, so it's not a concern. Maybe I should had gotten the clear one, but they didn't have it at my B&N store and I don't want to spend another $18 on screen protectors, so I guess I'll keep it as is.

Another thing, the screen protector fits perfectly on the screen, it does not cover the strip where the home button is at, but then again, that is not part of the screen. It was very easy to apply, no bubbles, perfect fit, no more fingerprints, I am very pleased with the product
negris123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:31 PM   #9
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmmm, the one I have on my phone is supposedly a regular clear one, not anti-glare. I think I'll pass because of the negative experience.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:45 PM   #10
Lastblade
Nookie are we
Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks with and without color
I got the antiglare yesterrday and I like it. Haven't tried reading outside since it was raining today.
Lastblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:15 PM   #11
MsCG1
Zealot
MsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Nook Classic, NookColor, HTC Rezound, Sony PRS-505, ICS Touchpad
I don't know. I'm thinking of getting the ZAGG shield for it because I have it on my EVO and like it, but I'm going to be using the NC for different things and I don't want screen quality diminished at all.
I don't plan to use it outside so that's moot.
MsCG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:18 PM   #12
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I have the regular shield on mine. For those who don't have a shield, do you find that your fingerprints are easy to clean? Because if there is really no benefit since I keep it in a cover, then I am thinking of removing mine.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:20 PM   #13
SCION
Séduisant

I keep a microfiber cloth handy. It's not inconvenient to wipe it down quickly. The only time you really notice the smudges is on a dark background.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:22 AM   #14
Mare of Earth
Leaver of Hoofmarks
Mare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle Paperwhite 4
I put the anti-glare one on my NC as soon as I took it out of the box. Worked fine. Currently, I am happy they come as a 2 pack, as I will put the second one on the replacement as soon as it arrives. I left the first one on the returning NC.
Mare of Earth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 02:00 PM   #15
s52m3
Enthusiast
s52m3 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Now that a little more time has passed and everyone got to experience their screen protectors, how do you feel about them? I'm most likely going to buy one as I get mine so dirty that it looks like a petri dish within an hour. I read mostly in bed so I don't know if I want to get the anti-glare one. Although I definitely see how it come in handy, I'm sitting next to a window now and the glare is very pronounced.
s52m3 is offline   Reply With Quote