Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-25-2012, 02:13 PM   #1
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Tips to switch from Kobo Touch to Sony PRST1

I will be getting the PRST1. I already have the Kobo Touch, and use Calibre to organize and de-DRM my purchases and to convert Kindle books from mobi to epub. So at least all my library is already organized and formatted epubs.

I was wondering if anybody has any tips and tricks other than what's already posted in the stickied 'setup' thread. Will it be as simple as adding the T1 to my Calibre devices and syncing?

Another thing is that I manage my Mom's Kobo on my computer for her. As a result I have 2 separate Calibre libraries and so I need to keep Kobo devices as part of my setup. Will that complicate anything?

I just want the setup to go as smoothly and simply as possible and figured it best to ask the experienced users here for that.

I thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:15 PM   #2
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
You can also get your books onto your Sony using the Calibre server and your reader's web browser instead of plugging in if that is a problem... Only one at a time but I find they load extremely fast. Use http://192.168.X.XXX:8080/browse as your url. (you have to enter your own specific ip address of course, instead of the x's)
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2012, 11:17 PM   #3
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
You can also get your books onto your Sony using the Calibre server and your reader's web browser instead of plugging in if that is a problem... Only one at a time but I find they load extremely fast. Use http://192.168.X.XXX:8080/browse as your url. (you have to enter your own specific ip address of course, instead of the x's)
Thank you for that tip, I'd never thought of that and it definitely could come in handy!

I don't foresee any problems using Calibre, and hopefully I won't have any. I've never had 2 different types of devices to worry about, that's my concern as both Mom and I have Kobos and I've never had a problem with that.

Also, I just added the 'series sorting metadata plugboards' to Calibre for the T1, hope I did it right and didn't jump the gun as I don't even have it yet!
I had copied and pasted it from a thread where somebody recently outlined how to do it. I added this:

Format: device_db
Device: PRST1
Source template: {author_sort}{series:| - | }{series_index:0>2s}
Destination: authors
Press 'Save plugboard' button
back to 'add new plugboard' for 2nd
Format: epub
Device: PRST1
Source template: {author_sort}{series:| - | }{series_index:0>2s}
Destination: authors
Press 'Save plugboard' button

^^^
I hope that's correct and will sort my series properly?

Anything else I will have to add or change?
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote