Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-14-2019, 10:39 AM   #16
pete330
Connoisseur
pete330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pete330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pete330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pete330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pete330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pete330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pete330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pete330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pete330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pete330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pete330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hello, the Jailbreak on my PW4 survived the update to FW 5.10.2. However, the KUAL booklet build from the NiLuJe Snapshots thread (build: Jan. 3, 2019) only showed a blank screen after starting. I had to follow the instructions & KUAL booklet JAR from this post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...27&postcount=1 to get KUAL working again.
pete330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 12:12 PM   #17
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@pete330:

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Q. I'm running on FW >= 5.9.x, and when I tap on KUAL's document, I end up on a blank screen, with just a status bar! I'm forced to hard-reboot my device to get back to my homescreen .

A. Don't fret, this is a known issue on some devices/FW combos (especially on the KOA2, or the PW4, since they both ship on FW >= 5.9.x). On these devices, instead of the original Booklet version from the latest release/snapshot, you'll want to use @coplate's patched version, a (currently) up to date build of which can be found here, in my Snapshots thread.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2019, 03:23 PM   #18
NaniBot
NaniBot began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Jailbreak survived the 5.10.2 update on a PW3. For some reason, KUAL didn't work and I had to reinstall it. The screensaver hack was messed up too so I had to uninstall and reinstall it. Works fine now.

Edit : I think the font layout changed along with the new update? Also, it feels a bit faster now(or is it just me?).

Last edited by NaniBot; 01-16-2019 at 03:29 PM.
NaniBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 03:37 PM   #19
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaniBot View Post
Jailbreak survived the 5.10.2 update on a PW3. For some reason, KUAL didn't work and I had to reinstall it. The screensaver hack was messed up too so I had to uninstall and reinstall it. Works fine now.

Edit : I think the font layout changed along with the new update? Also, it feels a bit faster now(or is it just me?).
Gets more than just a bit tiring to keep writing the instructions for people who seem to need a personal copy but your in luck, I am halfway sane today ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB instructions
None of our add-ins are protected across updates, you must always re-install them.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 03:41 PM   #20
NaniBot
NaniBot began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Gets more than just a bit tiring to keep writing the instructions for people who seem to need a personal copy but your in luck, I am halfway sane today ...
Should've read before posting. Sorry.
NaniBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2019, 11:00 AM   #21
ThomasRSB
ThomasRSB began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaniBot View Post

Hi,

I'm kind of new to this and it seems I can't find my way around- seems that a lot has happened since I jailbreaked my PW2 on 5.4..

I just directly updated to 5.10.2 from 5.4 and it seems that the jailbreak survived. The linkss folder is still on my device.

However, the ScreenSaver Hack is not working anymore.
I tried a bunch of things, like reinstalling the hack and applying the hotfix (1.15n for 5.x), but I'm not sure I do all the steps necessary.

Could you point me in the right direction? How exactly did you get the ScreenSavers working again?

Thanks
ThomasRSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 11:20 AM   #22
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
click the quote's link
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 11:52 AM   #23
ThomasRSB

I understand that I have to reinstall stuff, but honestly I don't know how. I tried using the python 0.14 install and uninstall bins as well as the linkss 0.24N install and uninstall bins with my newly updated Paperwhite.

No matter which bin I drag to the root folder, the "Update your Kindle" option stays greyed out. As soon as I replug my Kindle, the file is gone from the root directory.

The hotfix was the only thing I could run via "Update your Kindle".
Old 01-17-2019, 11:57 AM   #24
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@ThomasRSB: Snapshots. The releases are outdated. You'll need to go through MRPI to install everything except the JB Hotfix.

Read through a few of the JB threads re: FW 5.6.x to catch up, but, short story:

Quote:
Originally Posted by coplate View Post

Hotfix -> MRPI -> KUAL Booklet w/ Coplate's patch -> Everything else
With a bit of leeway on a PW2, because the original unpatched Booklet version of KUAL *might* still work properly (it does on 5.9.7).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 01-17-2019 at 12:01 PM.
Old 01-17-2019, 01:23 PM   #25
ThomasRSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@ThomasRSB: Snapshots. The releases are outdated. You'll need to go through MRPI to install everything except the JB Hotfix.

Read through a few of the JB threads re: FW 5.6.x to catch up, but, short story:

With a bit of leeway on a PW2, because the original unpatched Booklet version of KUAL *might* still work properly (it does on 5.9.7).

It took a while but I managed to get it working again . Still was more complicated than I thought. Thanks a lot for the directions!
Old 01-18-2019, 05:36 AM   #26
IVressE
IVressE began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Quick question - does the KUAL package located in your snapshot thread include Coplate's patch? I would assume so, but I'd like to know for sure. I tried reading through the changelog but found no mention of this, so maybe I'm wrong or blind.

Bonus (or is it malus?) quick question: basically whenever an update comes, all we need to do is go to the snapshots thread, grab the latest packages (KUAL + awk, Python, SS hack) that are stored there, put them into MRPI and install and we should be home free, right?
IVressE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 12:26 PM   #27
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@IVressE:

The KUAL build listed in the first post of the snapshots thread is a *vanilla* build.
My up-to-date build w/ coplate's patch also happens to live in the Snapshots thread, but in a later, single post. Which is why it's linked to from the KUAL FAQ .

So, barring KUAL quirks (some devices *will* need the patched KUAL build, others won't), yeah, that's the idea .
Old 01-20-2019, 06:00 AM   #28
tabascosw
tabascosw began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
I just got it done on my PW3. Took a bit more effort than usual. First time I needed the patched KUAL build and I had to use all the newest builds (MR PI, ScreenSaverHack and Python 2.7) from the snapshot thread.
tabascosw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 11:28 PM   #29
Sol Arkite
Zealot
Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: KV; PW3 ; PW2 ; k5; KT2
I’m still having power drain and no progress on indexing. I erased the library and dropped a smaller group of books in. Just like before no progress is made in the indexing of the text. Could the jailbreak somehow affect that process?
Sol Arkite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 11:40 PM   #30
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Arkite View Post
I’m still having power drain and no progress on indexing. I erased the library and dropped a smaller group of books in. Just like before no progress is made in the indexing of the text. Could the jailbreak somehow affect that process?
Highly unlikely. You probably have some problematic books.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote