Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-09-2015, 09:48 AM   #31
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien Didier View Post
KOReader

Nice interface for e-ink (clean and simple) and (very) good PDF reflow functionality. Unfortunately, although I'm using the stable version, it's not quite stable on my Energy Sistem Ereader Pro+.
Have you tried the old nightly mentioned here?

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 06:36 AM   #32
arabian
arabian began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O & Sony DPT S1
Vital source bookshelf

Can any one of you give feed back about bookshelf app, I wonder if I can use it on an Android e ink e reader
arabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2015, 08:24 AM   #33
BretSingleton
Enthusiast
BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I use this on my Onyx Boox T68 too works well Nova launcher..
BretSingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 12:11 PM   #34
loviedovie
Addict
loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bookeen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
AlReader - used on my Onyx Boox T68.

It has a setting specifically for eink devices, and if you set the Settings complexity to Professional you can increase the characters weight under the text settings for fonts. Version 1.45 has a problem where the settings for titles don't work, but hopefully it will be fixed. I am on 1.43 to avoid that and I did send the dev an email about it.
The only issue I have with Alreader in Eink mode is that the night mode profile is disabled ;( Other than that it is a great reader. In fact Onyx seems to licenced it as Onyx Reader.
loviedovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 12:11 PM   #35
loviedovie
Addict
loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

KISS launcher. Lightweight launcher.
Advert
Old 10-22-2015, 12:13 PM   #36
loviedovie
Addict

Qdict. It supports Stardict dics and light weight so good companion for C67ML.
Old 10-22-2015, 12:14 PM   #37
loviedovie
Addict

Orgzly. Todo/notetaking app that supports Emacs Org mode file format.
Old 10-22-2015, 12:18 PM   #38
loviedovie
Addict

Oandbackup. This is a great backup app that backs up the app and the data. So most of the time you will be able to get all your settings back.

It is not on GPlay but you can get it from F-droid.

Couple menu items are not visible but it is generaly fine to use with E-ink devices.
Old 11-05-2016, 07:58 AM   #39
Peleke
Peleke began at the beginning.

Device: Currently: Imcosys ImcoV6L - Soon: Onyx T68
Question Feedly on eInk

What is the best Feedly app for an Android eInk ereader?
Currently I am using FeedMe with eInk setting but that could be better.
Peleke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 01:36 PM   #40
R-Hat
R-Hat has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Boyue T62E
Search Everything works wonderfully with my Boyue T62+. If you have the device rooted, the app also performs insta-search on the SD card, which is great if you have thousands or hundreds of thousands of books in there. Good readability and response too.

Dropbox is very useful and easily readable, though it's more of dark grey than black font. It's my main method of file transfer on the reader.

ReLaunchX is an interesting choice for a launcher. The older version 1.3.2 works for me better than 1.4.3. Finally I can have landscape home screen and favorite apps on a single screen, not three. The only downside is the failure to access my SD card, but I can do that with Total Commander.
R-Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 02:14 PM   #41
DSG
DSG began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T62
Does Microsoft OneDrive work on Android based eInk reader?

I ask this question because I am interested in purchasing an Android based eInk reader such as the Boyue T62 Mega and I find it very convenient to use OneDrive to transfer books from computer to Android tablet I am currently using as a reader.

Thanks for assistance.
DSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:08 PM   #42
R-Hat
R-Hat has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Boyue T62E
Boyue T62 works with OneDrive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSG View Post
I ask this question because I am interested in purchasing an Android based eInk reader such as the Boyue T62 Mega and I find it very convenient to use OneDrive to transfer books from computer to Android tablet I am currently using as a reader.

Thanks for assistance.
Confirmed. I use Boyue T62+, which seems to be practically identical with Mega. My reader works with Microsoft OneDrive 4.2, which I downloaded from https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/microsoft-corporation/onedrive/onedrive-4-2-release/onedrive-4-2-android-apk-download/. The test involved uploading a few books from Windows and then opening them on the Boyue version of OneDrive.

I prefer to use Dropbox, as the function is virtually identical and the Dropbox apk is much smaller. Both work very well. My device is rooted with Kingroot and I don't have the Google Play store functionality (couldn't get it work, damn drivers) but I can get by with downloading APK.
I think Boyue T62 is the best e-reader ever, offering both physical buttons, SD card slot, touchscreen, screen light and of course easily rootable Android, at a reasonable price (before tax, that is).

Last edited by R-Hat; 08-18-2017 at 12:31 PM.
R-Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 10:01 AM   #43
vb20
vb20 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo hd
Hello I just bought an ink reader android energy sistem pro hd.
Super reader with Calibre cc.

But I find the Adobe reader app and Fb reader very limited.

Could you tell me which app is really optimized for ink readers, without ads?

I tried several of them like Moon reader or aldiko but the colors of the menus make the indications unreadable and the transitions and updating pages are painful.

To resumate, I load an application offering maximum comfort and readability on my android ink reader with additional functions to Adobe reader and FBreader provided by default.

Thank you
vb20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 09:26 PM   #44
mising
Enthusiast
mising began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx InkBook, Kindle Oasis, Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by vb20 View Post
Hello I just bought an ink reader android energy sistem pro hd.
Super reader with Calibre cc.

But I find the Adobe reader app and Fb reader very limited.

Could you tell me which app is really optimized for ink readers, without ads?

I tried several of them like Moon reader or aldiko but the colors of the menus make the indications unreadable and the transitions and updating pages are painful.

To resumate, I load an application offering maximum comfort and readability on my android ink reader with additional functions to Adobe reader and FBreader provided by default.

Thank you
I have just started using Bookari (used to be Mantaro Reader) and really like it. It has a setting for e-ink compatibility in the settings that works really well. I picked it because it will sync between devices (at least the paid version does, but it is only $5) and has a good night mode (black background with white text) and supports epub3. I currently have an inkBook T61D and it runs flawlessly so your experience should be even better.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...reader.android
mising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 02:38 AM   #45
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
Search for Alreader's website. He has an apk for a version optimised for eink. On the Pro HD it works in full screen and maps correctly to the page turn buttons. This dedicated eink version also does a full screen refresh on the Pro HD - the Google Play version does not

Last edited by church mouse; 08-20-2017 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Additional Info.
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote