Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-04-2010, 07:54 PM   #1
nehopsa
nehopsa began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dx
Questia

Has anybody here tried to access Questia online library through Kindle? If so, were you able to actually READ??

Today, I have just got my Kindle DX, after years of hesitation. Part of the reason was that, hoping for the best, I will be able to read books on Questia through my subscription there. At first things looked bright: I was able to direct the experimental browser to Questia URL. I was even able to log in into my account. I was able to search and select the book I want to read. I could get as far as the table of contents....and then

.....ajajajaj BLOCKED. Whatever I do I reload the table of contents again and again. Even though the URL directs the browser to go to the specific page I chose to read. I just cannot read the book on Questia on Kindle.

I do not mind the bother of SLOW loading on Kindle. If only I could actually read books on Questia I am more than happy.

Anybody has better luck???

(Or is is too much outside of the box? I did not find anybody trying to do the same yet. And yes, anybody can access Questia and read trial pages for free...but try it on Kindle and you will FAIL)

It looks, once again, Local Typical, someone greedy sits up there and blocks the last step on purpose. It looks like they want I got books just through kindle store and read questia only tethered to the BAD SCREEN.

(But Questia enabled to read their books on i phone...so why NOT kindle???)
nehopsa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle browser, questia