Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-14-2009, 02:13 AM   #16
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Surely, though, the primary purpose of the "blurb" on the back of a book is to allow someone who picks it up in a book shop to find out what the book is about and hopefully tempt them into buying it. With an eBook, that function is fulfilled by the description of the book in the store catalog, and hence the "blurb" is unnecessary to have on the book itself.
Ive got 60 Unread books on my 700 currently... I cant remember what half of them are, blubs and Synopsis' isnt too bad of an idea, considering i jump between 5 novels ussually untill i can get past the first page and fall in when im in between books. a short summary isnt too bad of an idea and can get you reinterested in the book in the first place
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:27 PM   #17
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybaby View Post
Ive got 60 Unread books on my 700 currently... I cant remember what half of them are, blubs and Synopsis' isnt too bad of an idea, considering i jump between 5 novels ussually untill i can get past the first page and fall in when im in between books. a short summary isnt too bad of an idea and can get you reinterested in the book in the first place
I have the same problem. I have 39 unread books and I have to go to internet to refresh my memory before I start reading one of them!
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2009, 11:26 AM   #18
JasonB
Connoisseur
JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Hi, Jason. I believe for current LRX (DRM'd Sony books) your second option is your only one - you can make yourself a separate file with the "back cover" data in it. Or, if you use Calibre, you could make yourself an accompanying LRF with the cover, back cover, and whatever else you want (if you want additional images that won't go with the plain text file).

I don't remember seeing a way to decrypt the LRX books.
I did end up going with the plain text option. It was actually for my wife - I bought her a red PRS-505 for Valentine's and put 5 books on it for her. I included a separate text file that listed all 5 of the books along with their summaries so that she'd know what I'd given her without having to look them up online.

I saw in calibre how to convert a file to LRF, and to use a "front" cover (which, in this case, would just be the back cover), but I didn't see how to include multiple graphic images in various spots. (Or how to specify formatting options, etc.) But I haven't really looked into it yet.

(I had hoped that calibre would convert the PDF DRM to LRX (maintaining the same DRM that links it to particular devices) - but that would be too much to ask for, especially since doing so would break the file integrity which is part of the DRM in the first place.)

Last edited by JasonB; 02-15-2009 at 11:28 AM.
JasonB is offline   Reply With Quote