Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 07-30-2010, 08:55 AM   #1
borisb
Edge User

Post News: 7 new apps added to App Store

(retracted)

Last edited by borisb; 08-15-2010 at 06:26 PM.

Old 07-30-2010, 10:38 AM   #2
NiaTrue
Edge User

Can't wait to try some of these, though an app titled "WFF," which is a just a typo away from prophanity, gives me pause.

Advert
Old 07-30-2010, 12:16 PM   #3
alefor
Edge User

Do you mean "profanity"? I guess I don't see WFF as close to anything profane.

Old 07-30-2010, 12:39 PM   #4
aidren
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
BI Notes - wow! What a great note taking app! Allows cross referencing, and adding "comments" to a note (in effect notes themselves, but all tied to the first introductory note)
Thinking Space - a beautiful mind mapping app. Looks fantastic on the eDGe LCD screen - colourful and pans easily with your finger. Very nice indeed!
BI Notes - I've been playing with this one for a while, now, and can see the same potential as you. It's a young app and the way he's setting it up makes it very customizable. I've been in touch with the developer, Koen Hoorelbeke, with some requests and he acutally implemented one within two weeks. I also explained the amount of screen real estate we have available and sent him a link to the EE site. He has plans for image and audio support to come. Nice guy.

I'll give Thinking Space a try. I could used some mind mapping

Old 07-30-2010, 12:50 PM   #5
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Quote:
BI Notes - wow! What a great note taking app! Allows cross referencing, and adding "comments" to a note (in effect notes themselves, but all tied to the first introductory note)
Thinking Space - a beautiful mind mapping app. Looks fantastic on the eDGe LCD screen - colourful and pans easily with your finger. Very nice indeed!
That is a pretty nice note app, but, I really wish this one would show up, it's incredible http://mapleworks.squarespace.com/maplepaint/

Advert
Old 07-30-2010, 01:02 PM   #6
aidren
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyennedonna View Post
That is a pretty nice note app, but, I really wish this one would show up, it's incredible http://mapleworks.squarespace.com/maplepaint/
Wow... an android app with toolbars! I would like to see way more of these.

Old 07-30-2010, 01:49 PM   #7
emen
Edge User

BI notes look really great. Pandora is unavailable in my country . I'll try the mind mapping thing later

Old 07-30-2010, 03:15 PM   #8
skapsal
Edge User

I used Thinking Space for a software development project a couple months ago. It's nice because you can send your output via email as an image(.png) or as a Mind Map(.mm) and open it up on an open source fat desktop client, FreeMind. You just lose some icons if you use those. Also there is a share with the cloud feature which makes the files available through a google app web interface.

Old 07-30-2010, 07:42 PM   #9
mphoseeko
Edge User

Very nice app, Thanks guys

Old 07-30-2010, 08:19 PM   #10
NiaTrue
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by alefor View Post
Do you mean "profanity"? I guess I don't see WFF as close to anything profane.
Yes. Sorry about the misspelling. Sadly, even by 10:30, I hadn't finished my morning coffee.

Quote:
Replace the middle "F" with "T"
Exactly.

Old 07-30-2010, 08:26 PM   #11
NiaTrue
Edge User

That's hilarious. I have a friend who once worked for a company with the decidedly indecent name of MyPrivates.com--and this was a financial services firm. The sign at the driveway entrance to the company headquarters was equally unfortunate: "MyPrivates.com Entrance in Rear"

Old 07-30-2010, 08:28 PM   #12
NiaTrue
Edge User

Quote:
Oh dear. Anyway, we really should get back on track on this thread
Um, yes, before we go WAY too far over the edge of the Table of Unfortunate Names.

Old 07-30-2010, 08:32 PM   #13
Chubulor
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiaTrue View Post
That's hilarious. I have a friend who once worked for a company with the decidedly indecent name of MyPrivates.com--and this was a financial services firm. The sign at the driveway entrance to the company headquarters was equally unfortunate: "MyPrivates.com Entrance in Rear"
Are you sure it wasn't intentional? They must have had amazing brand recognition...

Old 07-30-2010, 08:36 PM   #14
NiaTrue
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubulor View Post
Are you sure it wasn't intentional? They must have had amazing brand recognition...
It was intentional. But I think they just had a CEO who may have known a lot about derivatives (or not) and private equity but knew precious little about good manners and common sense. It probably says everything that they're not in business anymore.

Old 07-30-2010, 08:55 PM   #15
Chubulor
Edge User

I guess brand recognition isn't so good if people dislike your brand.