Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-25-2009, 06:14 PM   #1
LittleMe
LittleMe began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch. Would like a Kindle 2.
Hi Readers!

Hi everyone,

I am not really new to ebooks I have been using Zinio to read my magazine subscriptions from my Apple laptop, but I think I will be using the ebook format more often.

So far I have been using my iPod Touch to read a couple of books the experience has been fairly good, just wish the iPod was a little bit bigger. But it is very nice not to carry books around and I am on the go lot lately.

Happy Reading!
LittleMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:16 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMe View Post
Hi everyone,

I am not really new to ebooks I have been using Zinio to read my magazine subscriptions from my Apple laptop, but I think I will be using the ebook format more often.

So far I have been using my iPod Touch to read a couple of books the experience has been fairly good, just wish the iPod was a little bit bigger. But it is very nice not to carry books around and I am on the go lot lately.

Happy Reading!
Welcome to MobileRead, LittleMe. Enjoy your K2, and while you are here, please participate in our poll......click on the linky!

Lots of free books to download here, you will want the mobipocket format.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2009, 06:18 PM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Hello and welcome! When do you get your Kindle 2?

Rumor has it that Apple is going to be rolling out a larger iPod touch soon.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:43 PM   #4
LittleMe

Thanks for the welcome.

Um I don't have a K2, but wish I did. I am using my iPod Touch to read my ebooks.

Quote:
Rumor has it that Apple is going to be rolling out a larger iPod touch soon.
That would be nice, but I don't think that will happen. Unless Apple comes out with a tablet. Do you have a link to the rumor for a bigger iPod Touch?

Oh and thanks for the heads up for the free books here. Will the mobipocket format work with the iPod Touch?
Old 02-25-2009, 06:47 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Thanks for the welcome.

Um I don't have a K2, but wish I did. I am using my iPod Touch to read my ebooks.

Oops, sorry. I misread.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2009, 06:50 PM   #6
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Thanks for the welcome.

That would be nice, but I don't think that will happen. Unless Apple comes out with a tablet. Do you have a link to the rumor for a bigger iPod Touch?

Oh and thanks for the heads up for the free books here. Will the mobipocket format work with the iPod Touch?
Ask and ye shall receive :
http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/12/30...ch-in-fall-09/

I think the stanza app uses mobi books. Download that application and see what it says.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:34 PM   #7
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi LittleMe and welcome to the Forum. You might also consider a Sony. I've had a 505 for over a year now and like it a lot
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:36 AM   #8
LittleMe

No worries desertgrandma that is alright.

Thanks for the link lilac_jive we will, but I am not hold my breath. As far as rumors you don't really know until Apple says so.

cassidym thanks I will look at the Sony 505, but I don't want to spend the money right now, but I will look at other devices and shopping around for a good price.