Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 09-23-2010, 05:42 PM   #1
jenieliser
Groupie
jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2019, Kobo Libra H2O
Suggestions for Happy Endings?

I don't do well with sad endings. But something possessed me to read Message in a Bottle. I know, dumb, no really dumb. I cried-not a few tears, not ladylike sobs, we're talking ugly faced crying.
If anyone has any suggestions of a good happy ending book, preferably a love story, please pass them along. I have a tendency to get way too involved in what I read and I think I won't be able to stop thinking about Message in a Bottle until I start something new.
Thanks in advance!
jenieliser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 05:51 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
You need something to make you belly laugh.

Start with Janet Evanovich's "One for the Money" and continue thru the series.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 05:55 PM   #3
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
You need something to make you belly laugh.
I'm getting that by imagining the OP googling for "happy ending" and recoiling in horror.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 06:03 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
I'm getting that by imagining the OP googling for "happy ending" and recoiling in horror.

See, my mind didn't go down that road.......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 06:07 PM   #5
Shayne Parkinson
Author
Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab
Any of Jane Austen's books. A happy ending is guaranteed - for the heroine, anyway.
Shayne Parkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 07:25 PM   #6
jenieliser
Groupie
jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

True! I am thinking I may read P&P...again.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:50 PM   #7
Shayne Parkinson
Author
Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenieliser View Post
True! I am thinking I may read P&P...again.
I'm sure that'll cheer you up.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:15 PM   #8
jamesread
Banned
jamesread began at the beginning.

Device: none
I love the happy endings at massage parlors.
jamesread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 12:02 AM   #9
rudykerkhoven
keeps getting older
rudykerkhoven seems famous, but is in fact legendary.rudykerkhoven seems famous, but is in fact legendary.rudykerkhoven seems famous, but is in fact legendary.rudykerkhoven seems famous, but is in fact legendary.rudykerkhoven seems famous, but is in fact legendary.rudykerkhoven seems famous, but is in fact legendary.rudykerkhoven seems famous, but is in fact legendary.rudykerkhoven seems famous, but is in fact legendary.rudykerkhoven seems famous, but is in fact legendary.rudykerkhoven seems famous, but is in fact legendary.rudykerkhoven seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kindle
You beat me to the joke about massage parlors...
rudykerkhoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 12:18 AM   #10
jamesread
Banned
jamesread began at the beginning.

Device: none
I wasn't joking though. I really do enjoy those.
jamesread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 06:41 PM   #11
Hatgirl
Addict
Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-T2, Kindle (7th Gen)
But I hate giving spoilers! If I tell you a book has a happy ending, I'll be telling you the ending... but if I don't tell you, you may never read the book.

Aaaah, my poor brain!
Hatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 06:57 PM   #12
Shayne Parkinson
Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatgirl View Post
But I hate giving spoilers! If I tell you a book has a happy ending, I'll be telling you the ending... but if I don't tell you, you may never read the book.

Aaaah, my poor brain!
I know what you mean! I knew I could risk recommending Austen, but I didn't want to spoil anything more recent.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:38 PM   #13
J. Strnad
Guru
J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Kindle 3, Paperwhite
For sure, don't read any book about a dog.
J. Strnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 01:59 AM   #14
jdh
Enthusiast
jdh began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle3, Voyage
Here are three suggestions that I enjoyed, all with happy endings.
The Good Companions by J. B. Priestley
Framley Parsonage by Anthony Trollope
Gaudy Night by Dorothy Sayers
jdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 06:55 AM   #15
jenieliser
Groupie

Thanks! I read some reviews of Framley Parsonage on Amazon, sounds good. I think I'll give it a go.