Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-24-2020, 12:14 PM   #4366
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtinG View Post
No ideas how to correct the issues, but I constantly have snafus with some of my scenes and often have to argue with Alexa when I ask her to turn on/off my smart bulb named “Bath light.” Usually she turns it on/off, but occasionally she says there is no device with that name. I’m convinced it is buggy software. Amazon is a book store at heart, not a high tech firm.
Wonder if it's Alexa software, or a defective smart plug (or bulb in your case). Alex is doing fine with the simple voice commands for turning lights on and off. Maybe after the holidays I'll call Amazon if the problem persists (though after the holidays, I won't really need the routine anymore).

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Did you get this to work?
No, I never did get the music to play properly--I just gave up and played my music from CDs or flash drives.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 04:14 PM   #4367
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone XR, iPad mini 5, iPad Pro 9.7, Alexa Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Wonder if it's Alexa software, or a defective smart plug (or bulb in your case). Alex is doing fine with the simple voice commands for turning lights on and off. Maybe after the holidays I'll call Amazon if the problem persists (though after the holidays, I won't really need the routine anymore).
The smart bulbs always work fine with the Kasa app, but Alexa occasionally has trouble with them, so the issue seems more Alexa related.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 06:26 PM   #4368
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
As Amazon, in their wisdom, saw fit to discontinue them; I dread the day my Tap stops working. Sure, I'll still (hopefully) have my first generation Echo and my Echo Show, but I can't carry them to the bathroom when I take a shower, nor can my wife take them outside when she sits on the deck.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 08:01 PM   #4369
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
Does anyone have the Echo Plus 4th gen? If so, how does it sound?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 09:10 AM   #4370
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Does anyone have the Echo Plus 4th gen? If so, how does it sound?
Is there an Echo Plus 4th Gen? Searching Amazon, I see a 2nd gen Echo Plus refurbished, but no later generation Pluses.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 12:45 PM   #4371
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone XR, iPad mini 5, iPad Pro 9.7, Alexa Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Is there an Echo Plus 4th Gen? Searching Amazon, I see a 2nd gen Echo Plus refurbished, but no later generation Pluses.
2nd Gen Echo Plus is the latest Plus model. They built-in the smart home hub to the newest Echo (non-plus) model, and it was the smart home hub that had differentiated the Plus from the non-plus, so I suspect they will discontinue the Plus models. BTW, I have the 2nd Gen Echo Plus and it is a very good device.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote