Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-01-2009, 11:29 AM   #1
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
M-Edge Sony cover on sale at Amazon.com

The new version of the M-Edge covers are 19.99 right now and the old versions are 14.99.

Link
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:34 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
I got my hands on one of the new MEdge covers at the NOVA Meet Up and liked it a lot.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2009, 01:25 PM   #3
Abecedary
Exwyzeeologist
Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: :PRS-505::iPod touch:
Oooh! Thanks for posting. Now to decide between navy blue or gray/black....Thoughts anyone?
Abecedary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 01:35 PM   #4
ht1948
ht1948 doesn't litterht1948 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Guys, what are the advantages/disadvantages of the M-Edge when comparing to the OEM cover supplied by Sony? TIA
ht1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:53 PM   #5
Abecedary
Exwyzeeologist
Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

This is purely from what I can tell from the pictures and the little bit I've read about them. But here goes...

Advantages: Real leather; the reader sits flush with back cover, so folding the cover back onto itself is easier (as opposed to the OEM cover which sticks out a bit on the device-side when you fold the cover back); storage pockets.

Disadvantages: Doesn't have magnets like the OEM cover; slightly bulkier; has leather closure/flap that may or may not get in the way; some people don't like the corner strap mounting mechanism.
Advert
Old 07-01-2009, 05:03 PM   #6
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abecedary View Post
This is purely from what I can tell from the pictures and the little bit I've read about them. But here goes...

Advantages: Real leather; the reader sits flush with back cover, so folding the cover back onto itself is easier (as opposed to the OEM cover which sticks out a bit on the device-side when you fold the cover back); storage pockets.

Disadvantages: Doesn't have magnets like the OEM cover; slightly bulkier; has leather closure/flap that may or may not get in the way; some people don't like the corner strap mounting mechanism.
I was going to check it out, and appreciate your pros & cons. Since I LOVE the magnets in the OEM cover, so I probably won't check out.... Thank you!
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:44 PM   #7
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abecedary View Post
Oooh! Thanks for posting. Now to decide between navy blue or gray/black....Thoughts anyone?
I like my Mocha/Saddle one

But if you are going with either of the ones you mentioned i´d go with the gray/black because i like the stripe contrast
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:49 PM   #8
Abecedary
Exwyzeeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catire View Post
I like my Mocha/Saddle one

But if you are going with either of the ones you mentioned i´d go with the gray/black because i like the stripe contrast
That's exactly what I ended up doing, for exactly that reason.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:27 PM   #9
kmvargo
kmvargo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Thanks for the heads up. I just ordered a old style black leather one for $14.99. Looks really nice for the price.
kmvargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:44 AM   #10
Cassy
Zealot
Cassy began at the beginning.

Device: Silver Sony PRS 505
Thank you!
Just gotta find someone to ship it here now
Cassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 02:10 AM   #11
billposters
billposters has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.billposters has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.billposters has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.billposters has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
I can buy phyiscal books/dvds from the US amazon site, but it won't let me ship this cover to either my UK or Sri Lanka addresses. This is because :
"There is a slight problem with your order".

Now I'm not sure what Amazon's definition of "slight" is, but not being able to purchase what I actually want to purchase would seem to me to be more than just a slight problem.
billposters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:19 AM   #12
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
It's probably because the covers are listed in the Electronics store. Rather than search every electonics item to see if they are on the list of embargoed items for overseas distribution, Amazon just blocks all of them for overseas delivery.

Of course, the covers should be listed somewhere else (but being in Electronics also affects how much they pay their affiliates, so they like things to be listed there).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:48 AM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmvargo View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I just ordered a old style black leather one for $14.99. Looks really nice for the price.
If you order the new cover, you'd be able to eventually be able to purchase their light attachment.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 01:05 PM   #14
Abecedary
Exwyzeeologist

Just got my new black/grey cover. It sure is nice, but it definitely adds a bit of bulk to the device (there's a 1/2-inch of emptiness along the spine). Though I guess if I eventually get the light that JSWolf mentioned it'll use up that space.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:13 PM   #15
rjfarrell
Zealot
rjfarrell doesn't litterrjfarrell doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505, Iphone, Ipad
I have been using my M-Edge for a few weeks now. I quite like it. The 1/2" extra in the spine makes it nice to fold over, and gives a little depth to hold on to. I tuck the Closure Tab under the book, and place my hand under the 1/2" or so that sticks out, sort of like a support point. Perfect placement of my thumb to turn pages

I may buy a spare
rjfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote