Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-29-2015, 04:40 PM   #16
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post
I tried to scan again the available networks (wifi ap scan.sh) but none was detected, even when I pressed the "refresh" button.

I must conclude that wifi is not working anymore
Can you connect to a network from within nickel?
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 04:49 PM   #17
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
from nickel yes and it reports available networks, including my usual one ....
but now it requests a password and does not open?

EDIT: Now the scan with KSM08 detects networks and connect (asking the new password with a nice keyboard). It seems that going back to Nickel unblocked something? OTA update went smoothly.

And going back to Nickel, wifi is now automatically connected.

Sorry for this

Last edited by roger64; 10-29-2015 at 05:07 PM. Reason: edit
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2015, 04:59 PM   #18
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post
from nickel yes and it reports available networks, including my usual one.
Then you should be able to connect from KSM to by using "wifi enable dhcp.sh". You can test if the connection is working by selecting "x wget acccuweather.sh". If it returns an error code, it does not work. If it returns a weather report, it works.

Another point: If you connect to a network from nickel and exit without disabling wifi, the connection stays alive. You will get a message telling you that wifi is enabled (touch the middle of the screen and then select close in order to close the message screen.)

I just saw your edits. So forget about what I said above. I guess there was simply a problem with your network for a short time.

Last edited by tshering; 10-29-2015 at 05:02 PM.
Old 10-29-2015, 05:14 PM   #19
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
I guess there was simply a problem with your network for a short time.
Which happened right after the update...
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 07:38 PM   #20
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
I see that KSM 8 is live and kicking! First post is with full installation instructions and I guess that version for download there is latest one, mentioned in earlier posts as coming soon?

And a really small typo in first post, in spoiler code for Installation on devices on which any KSM version apart from KSM 07 is running, the text is: which you can find there. There being the link where we can find deinstallation code. I think word here is better than there in this place.

Or I'm just nitpicking?

Anyway, great to see full and official KSM 8. I'm really excited about it, it makes this great software even greater. And of course, makes all kobo readers much better also.

Last edited by Alan_S; 10-29-2015 at 07:43 PM.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2015, 05:12 AM   #21
tshering
Wizard

Alan_S,

thank you for your nice words! I hope your expectations in KSM 08 are not too high.

As for here/there, I do not know. My reasoning was that the link itself would be referred to by "here", and the location pointed to by the link would be referred to by "there." So I would say: Click here (= this link) if you want to go there (= to that page). But sure, a native speaker might feel differently about this.

As soon as KSM makes me a rich man, I will hire a proofreader, and some professional programmers.
Old 10-30-2015, 05:41 AM   #22
tshering
Wizard

custom fonts

In order to make KSM use custom fonts,
  • copy your font files to .adds\kbmenu_user\fonts
  • select (home) configure, and set "ksmFontDir=$ksmuser/fonts" in the section [general]

Click this link to find information on how to deal with conflicting fonts.

Warning: Do not point KSM to a font directory that contains encrypted/obfuscated fonts.

Last edited by tshering; 10-30-2015 at 05:46 AM.
Old 10-30-2015, 05:06 PM   #23
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I hope your expectations in KSM 08 are not too high.
Don't worry about that, I started using KSM from version 6 and I'm as satisfied with it as I can be.

So, I'm sure KSM 8 would be even greater now that it solves problem for people who use calibre and nickel.

About here/there, I'm not native speaker, but it sounds to me that here is better. And yes, I have tendencies to nitpick. Anyway, the most imporant thing is that we now know how to install latest and greatest KSM 8.

And, is this the latest version of KSM in first post that you mentioned in your previous posts, or that version still isn't ready for public?
Old 10-30-2015, 07:20 PM   #24
myki
Zealot
myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kinde PW v1, Kobo H2O, Onyx Boox T68
I don't have the time for now, but I can't wait to update from KSM 7 to 8. My database corupts very often... I will post the result as soon as possible Thanks for all of your work !
myki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 09:11 AM   #25
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_S View Post
And, is this the latest version of KSM in first post that you mentioned in your previous posts, or that version still isn't ready for public?
It is the latest version!
Old 10-31-2015, 05:29 PM   #26
Alan_S
Evangelist

Thanks for confirmation, I thought so, but just wanted to be sure it is "complete" version. Not that I thought previous version were bad, or something, but you mentioned latest version...
Old 11-05-2015, 05:09 PM   #27
pickyaxe
Addict
pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
After an automatic nickel update about a month ago, I can no longer use the two PNGs I have on my device (switchtokoreader.png, exit_nickel.png). Launching either of them from nickel gives me "Oops! This document couldn't be opened." and nothing more.

I've installed KSM08 (not as a partial update) but still no dice.
pickyaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 05:16 PM   #28
tshering
Wizard

Did you check whether the two image files are still there at the correct location? If they are, try deleting them from within nickel and add them anew.
Old 11-06-2015, 03:59 AM   #29
pickyaxe
Addict
pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Did you check whether the two image files are still there at the correct location? If they are, try deleting them from within nickel and add them anew.
Deleted them (via USB) while Nickel was running, removed cable, reinserted the cable and added them again, then rebooted. Now it works. Thank you!
pickyaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 11:54 PM   #30
chipro12
chipro12 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Hi, tshering. I'm excited for the release and development of ksm8. I have been using KSM7 with my kobo h2o since summer and have been happy with it. I want to ask what are the changes from KSM7 to KSM8?
chipro12 is offline   Reply With Quote