Notices

Old 04-17-2008, 08:20 AM   #31
mvoosten
Zealot
mvoosten began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerospinboson View Post
not a page number, no.. but using the stylus to click on the page bar should get you away from page 1 fairly quickly
Tried the last suggestion you mentioned with the stylus.. but wherever I click on the page bar it only skips 1 page at a time
mvoosten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:53 AM   #32
voidcaller
voidcaller began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad 2nd ed
Same for me: stylus tap on the bottom of the screen or on the page bar only advances one page... Except sometimes stylus tap sends you to random page (skipping up to some hundred pages). This is very frustrating, especially when I am reading text file, converted to rtf (no chapters).
voidcaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2008, 10:03 AM   #33
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
I also like the toolbar (even that it isn´t very intuitive ;o)
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 11:39 PM   #34
kahlif
kahlif began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad Book Edition
Any way to get this for the book edition?

It is saying 2.12 is needed and I have 2.12.1

Is it as simple as changing Firmware_Script to 2.12.1? Please reply before I brick my new iliad...

Last edited by kahlif; 05-22-2008 at 11:44 PM.
kahlif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 08:25 AM   #35
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahlif View Post
Is it as simple as changing Firmware_Script to 2.12.1? Please reply before I brick my new iliad...
Correct. It should work without a problem, as 2.12.1 is just a point release without major changes.

Worst case scenario, you'll have to reflash it yourself with a CF card.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2008, 04:40 PM   #36
cnbcad
cnbcad began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad Irex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powdertoast View Post
I edited the registry.xml file to have FBReader open up txt files.
Can someone tell me how to edit registry.xml to make FBReader open html files? I read primarily html and FBReader is the only thing that is usable I've found so far. (don't like mobipocket.)

I use Libronix Bible software and in order to publish a personal book for that system it needs to be written in html and then converted to its own format. Irex gives me ability to carry a copy of that book in its html version.
cnbcad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 09:25 PM   #37
kahlif

So, I changed the firmware_script to say 2.12.1 and then tried to run it. I get a progress bar on the bottom, then, after about 2 seconds, the screen just flashes. Nothing else. I restarted the iliad and it isn't installed. I also tried going into the folder and run the run.sh, but it does the same thing...
Old 05-24-2008, 08:10 AM   #38
xianfox
Ebook Addict
xianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it is

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
It sounds like you haven't installed iRex's Development Package on your iLiad yet. In order to run any third party software on the iLiad, the first thing you need to do is get the development package from iRex.

https://myirex.irexnet.com/user.php/developer
xianfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 10:34 AM   #39
kahlif

I followed Adam's noob guide and can run mrxvt, so I did install the dev package.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:15 AM   #40
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnbcad View Post
Can someone tell me how to edit registry.xml to make FBReader open html files? I read primarily html and FBReader is the only thing that is usable I've found so far. (don't like mobipocket.)
First install iliad-regutils. Then install the attached application. It replaces .opf and .oeb with .zip and .oebzip as FBReader 0.8.14 file extensions. After this change, you can ZIP any single file that FBReader nominally supports but which isn't setup that way in the registry (e.g. .pdb, .txt, .htm) and it will be opened by FBReader from the .zip file. The .oebzip extension replaces .opf and .oeb (which I don't think would work before). If you have an OEB file (e.g. with an .opf), make all the associated files into a zip file and rename it .oebzip. For FBReader to read an ebook consisting of multiple HTML files it must first be made into a OEB file by adding an .opf metafile and creating an .oebzip.

Note that editing the registry is one of the more dangerous changes to the system. This works on my iLiad (and illustrates a better way to do the editing than the original FBReader installer), but be prepared to unbrick if something goes wrong. You can also try a dry run by commenting out (with #) 3 lines in run.sh:
Code:
#	cp ./registry.xml.new /mnt/settings/registry/registry.xml
#	mv manifest.xml install.xml
#	mv done.xml manifest.xml
Then compare registry.xml.orig and registry.xml.new. If the new looks ok, uncomment out the lines and rerun.
Attached Files
File Type: zip fbreader_newreg.zip (2.5 KB, 817 views)
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 05:46 PM   #41
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

To customize the display of text on the screen, see Update Settings for FBReader 0.8.14.
Old 05-31-2008, 09:15 PM   #42
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I have it running now, and I guess I like it better than I thought I would. The absence of a battery indicator could be a problem, though. I'd rather have that than the clock. (I also need to edit my registry so FBReader is used to open Mobi, HTML, and TXT files. And wasn't there a workaround to pass LIT files through ConvertLit to FBReader? Or was it just to convert them, and only then open with FBReader?)
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 03:28 AM   #43
kran
kran began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
Hi,

I'm using FBReader to read epub files, but the buttons don't work properly : every use of a button (except the page bar) makes the green LED blinking, and make often the iLiad bugging (can't go back, and the only solution is re-boot).

Can I fix this ?
kran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 07:38 PM   #44
cnbcad
cnbcad began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad Irex
Thanks Wallcraft for reply and to Adam for work on port. Thanks to community for all the help you've given me in the last few weeks as I've gotten to know my irex.

It seems to me the easiest way for me to assign custom actions to buttons is to edit the options.xml file directly. I have not, however, been able to find a list of action and key values.

Does anyone have a list?

Last edited by cnbcad; 06-07-2008 at 07:50 PM.
cnbcad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 08:11 PM   #45
wallcraft
reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnbcad View Post
It seems to me the easiest way for me to assign custom actions to buttons is to edit the options.xml file directly. I have not, however, been able to find a list of action and key values.
What I have:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<config>
  <group name="Keys">
    <option name="Action0" value="nextTOCSection"/>
    <option name="Action1" value="redo"/>
    <option name="Action2" value="undo"/>
    <option name="Action3" value="decreaseFont"/>
    <option name="Action4" value="increaseFont"/>
    <option name="Action5" value="cancel"/>
    <option name="Action6" value="rotate"/>
    <option name="Action7" value="cancel"/>
    <option name="Action8" value="toc"/>
    <option name="Action9" value="previousTOCSection"/>
    <option name="Key0" value="&lt;DownArrow&gt;"/>
    <option name="Key1" value="&lt;F1&gt;"/>
    <option name="Key2" value="&lt;F2&gt;"/>
    <option name="Key3" value="&lt;F3&gt;"/>
    <option name="Key4" value="&lt;F4&gt;"/>
    <option name="Key5" value="&lt;F5&gt;"/>
    <option name="Key6" value="&lt;F6&gt;"/>
    <option name="Key7" value="&lt;Home&gt;"/>
    <option name="Key8" value="&lt;Return&gt;"/>
    <option name="Key9" value="&lt;UpArrow&gt;"/>
    <option name="Number" value="10"/>
  </group>
  <group name="Options">
    <option name="QuitOnCancel" value="true"/>
  </group>
  <group name="Rotation">
    <option name="Angle" value="-1"/>
  </group>
  <group name="SmallScrolling">
    <option name="Mode" value="3"/>
    <option name="PercentToScroll" value="100"/>
  </group>
  <group name="TapScrolling">
    <option name="Enabled" value="true"/>
  </group>
  <group name="Web Browser">
    <option name="Name" value="Browser"/>
  </group>
</config>
The complete list of allowed action values is:

Code:
<node name="action">
		<node name="none" value="None"/>
		<node name="showLibrary" value="Show Library"/>
		<node name="showRecent" value="Show Recent Books"/>
		<node name="previousBook" value="Open Previous Book"/>
		<node name="toc" value="Show Table of Contents"/>
		<node name="gotoHome" value="Go to Home"/>
		<node name="gotoSectionStart" value="Go to Start of Section"/>
		<node name="gotoSectionEnd" value="Go to End of Section"/>
		<node name="nextTOCSection" value="Go to Next TOC Section"/>
		<node name="previousTOCSection" value="Go to Previous TOC Section"/>
		<node name="largeScrollForward" value="Large Scroll Forward"/>
		<node name="largeScrollBackward" value="Large Scroll Backward"/>
		<node name="smallScrollForward" value="Small Scroll Forward"/>
		<node name="smallScrollBackward" value="Small Scroll Backward"/>
		<node name="undo" value="Undo"/>
		<node name="redo" value="Redo"/>
		<node name="copyToClipboard" value="Copy Selected Text to Clipboard"/>
		<node name="openInDictionary" value="Open Selected Text in Dictionary"/>
		<node name="clearSelection" value="Clear Selection"/>
		<node name="search" value="Search"/>
		<node name="findPrevious" value="Find Previous"/>
		<node name="findNext" value="Find Next"/>
		<node name="increaseFont" value="Increase Font Size"/>
		<node name="decreaseFont" value="Decrease Font Size"/>
		<node name="toggleIndicator" value="Toggle Position Indicator"/>
		<node name="toggleFullscreen" value="Toggle Fullscreen Mode"/>
		<node name="onFullscreen" value="Switch to Fullscreen Mode"/>
		<node name="rotate" value="Rotate Screen"/>
		<node name="preferences" value="Show Options Dialog"/>
		<node name="bookInfo" value="Show Book Info Dialog"/>
		<node name="addBook" value="Add Book"/>
		<node name="cancel" value="Cancel"/>
		<node name="quit" value="Quit"/>
	</node>
Some of these won't make sense on the iLiad though. Note that version 0.8.04 uses numeric action codes, instead of the symbolic codes above, but it also has a menu to set these within FBReader.