Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 03-11-2013, 08:05 PM   #46
andrys
Explorer
andrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindles,SurfacePro2,NookColor,Pocket Edge,Samsung 10.1 Tab,S2 phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
The BSPlayer app works great now I can view those movies that came on the Seagate. Thanks!!!! Tho it does freeze & buffer a lot. O well I just make sure my personal movies are mp 4 as required by Fire HD.
Katie, glad that helped.

I use Wi-Drive, which is uncommonly smooth, even when 3 devices are simultaneously accessing video files on it.

BUT, I've read that when you have difficulty on the default hardware-focused videoplaying by BSPlayer, to change the settings to software-driven instead and maybe that would make it buffer less. Check 'i' for Info on current playing and file info. There's a menu indicator of some sort to let you change settings.

I use only BSPlayer now on all personal videos and a lot of stuff I get using the wonderful Tubemate app to download from a choice of file sizes from Youtube. BSPlayer has been good on all of those. I bought a 32Gig Kindle Fire and have to be more disciplined than I currently am, wanting everything I like to be on it :-)

- Andrys
http://kindleworld.blogspot.com
andrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:17 PM   #47
andrys
Explorer
andrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindles,SurfacePro2,NookColor,Pocket Edge,Samsung 10.1 Tab,S2 phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
The apps on Google Play might still work with the Fire, even if they don't say so, particularly the phone version. If you can get your hands on the apks, there is little risk in trying. Let us know.
Yes, I use Google Maps, Google Streetview, Google Earth, Google Voice and other apps on the Kindle Fire HD, and I download direct from a number of different appstores, usually waiting (even with GooglePlay on my phone and Samsung tablet) for a few days until I can see an updated app is not presenting problems for people. So far, 1mobile has had everything I was interested in, and their 200,000 Android apps can be downloaded direct to the Kindle Fire HD (smaller apps to the Kindle Fire basic).

For anyone interested, I have a blog article on How to Install Non-Amazon apps on a Kindle Fire, at http://kindleworld.blogspot.com/2012...ndle-fire.html
andrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2013, 07:45 AM   #48
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrys View Post
So far, 1mobile has had everything I was interested in, and their 200,000 Android apps can be downloaded direct to the Kindle Fire HD (smaller apps to the Kindle Fire basic).
I use 1Mobile to get those "forbidden" apps Amazon doesn't want me to have

I hate the carousel, so I use ADW Launcher to get a folder-based home screen.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:42 AM   #49
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrys View Post
Yes, I use Google Maps, Google Streetview, Google Earth, Google Voice and other apps on the Kindle Fire HD[/url]
I didn't think any of the Google core apps would work without rooting.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:46 AM   #50
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
I didn't think any of the Google core apps would work without rooting.
The ones I've loaded so far, do.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2013, 03:46 PM   #51
misling
Zealot
misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Mainly it's the Play Store that won't work without a lot of fooling around. And that's the one people usually start out wanting
misling is offline   Reply With Quote