Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 06-20-2011, 06:52 AM   #226
vjplo
Enthusiast
vjplo is no ebook tyro.vjplo is no ebook tyro.vjplo is no ebook tyro.vjplo is no ebook tyro.vjplo is no ebook tyro.vjplo is no ebook tyro.vjplo is no ebook tyro.vjplo is no ebook tyro.vjplo is no ebook tyro.vjplo is no ebook tyro.

Device: Literati
Car charger

This forum was dormant for so long I wondered if anyone would answer. Was I ever wrong.

Thanks for all the answers.
vjplo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:13 AM   #227
Greenmonster
Greenmonster began at the beginning.

Device: literati
Hi there,

I am trying to get my Literati to work properly. Everything seems to be ok except for one major thing. I am able to use the Literati ONLY when it is plugged in and charging. I have charged the Literati when its on for at least 6 hours at a time. When I unplug the charging plug, the Literati shuts off and will not turn on when I hold down the power button. Please help as I really want my Literati to work.

Thanks!!
Greenmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2011, 12:33 PM   #228
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
Couple of possibles:

1. Try charging it with the unit shut off if you haven't. Some of the tablets won't charge if you are using them, don't know about your unit for sure.

2. If that is not the problem you probably have a bad battery or power circuit. If the unit is in warranty get it replaced.
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:56 PM   #229
lady_morana
lady_morana began at the beginning.

Device: Axim V50, MobilePro 770
Unhappy 2 literati that will not work

I have 2 literati. One black and one white. Neither will work now.

When I try to reset, the white one will add back on the crappy free books and leave 5 books I read. It is not recognized by my Calibre. When I try and add books to the SD card, it does not recognize the SD card. When I try and manually delete the books on the literati with Windows Explorer, it comes up and says that cannot be deleted, they are not really there. But they are still readable on the literati.

Both are in this shape. I have 5 books on the white one I can keep rereading. The black one is a paperweight. Everything is coming up corrupted. Can only read the FREE books. Cannot add anything to the device. Windows explorer says the device is to corrupt to read.

There does not seem to be any way to get them to actually reset properly.

Is there anything that can be done at this point. https://www2.mobileread.com/i/smiliesadd1/help.gif Both were bought brand new from Woot 3 months ago. The black on worked less than 2 weeks. The white one just quit.
lady_morana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:25 PM   #230
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
The Kobo area of the site may have more information on this but it looks like the database is corrupted. you can erase it and a new one will be built on the next power up.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2011, 01:29 PM   #231
Greenmonster

I can try to charge it while it it turned off....but the problem is that as soon as I plug it in the device powers on. As a result, I am not sure if I can charge it while it is actually off......ARGH!

Suggestions?
Old 06-21-2011, 02:39 PM   #232
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Turn it off while plugged in. Hold down the power button for about 10 seconds.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:50 PM   #233
Greenmonster

How will I know if its charging or not?
Old 06-21-2011, 06:04 PM   #234
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmonster View Post
How will I know if its charging or not?
Before turning it off you should see the charging indicator on top of the screen. There is no other indicator on the device but if it was charging before turning it off won't change anything so long as you leave it plugged in.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:05 PM   #235
lady_morana

rebuild database

How do I go about deleting the database to have a new one rebuilt. When I try and delete anything from the literati, it says in Windows explorer that the file cannot be found or is invalid.

Morana
Old 06-22-2011, 05:07 PM   #236
250 Coupe
Groupie
250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch

Device: Many ebook readers at my house
Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_morana View Post
I have 2 literati. One black and one white. Neither will work now.

When I try to reset, the white one will add back on the crappy free books and leave 5 books I read. It is not recognized by my Calibre. When I try and add books to the SD card, it does not recognize the SD card. When I try and manually delete the books on the literati with Windows Explorer, it comes up and says that cannot be deleted, they are not really there. But they are still readable on the literati.

/snip
Are you using the reset hole on the back or doing the factory reset found in the settings/advanced menu?

The reset on the back will just restart the Literati and is useful if a button is not working or a book is not formatted correctly and has locked the reader up. The factory reset will restore the reader to factory trim and you'll need to re-enter passwords and re-sync to get books back on it.

http://kobo.zendesk.com/entries/3714...on-my-literati

Michael

PS, altho it looks like I posted the info in the above link, it wasn't me
250 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:11 PM   #237
250 Coupe
Groupie
250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch

Quote:
How do I go about deleting the database to have a new one rebuilt. When I try and delete anything from the literati, it says in Windows explorer that the file cannot be found or is invalid.

Morana
Looks like I type too slow. If you have not already followed the link, give it a try and let us know if it worked.

Michael
Old 06-22-2011, 05:36 PM   #238
lady_morana

I even tried going in and formatting the disk...it failed.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:58 PM   #239
250 Coupe
Groupie

Quote:
The only way to rebuild the database is to use the factory reset. You may even have to do it twice if things are really bad and then get it updated if you are not already on 1.9 before you try anything else.

Michael
Old 06-24-2011, 11:40 PM   #240
baker706
baker706 began at the beginning.

Device: Literati, Nook Color
Quote:
I had no luck even doing a factory reset on my white Literati. I tried at least 3 times and waited several hours to check it. I ended up calling Literati support and they sent me a box to return it and they sent out another one.

Literati and LookBook technical support is available 9am to 9pm Pacific Time at 1-800-481-7983.

Last edited by baker706; 06-24-2011 at 11:43 PM.
baker706 is offline   Reply With Quote