Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 01-14-2011, 11:05 PM   #76
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Device: NookColor (MiRage/CM7.2 & Moon+ Reader Pro)
Does version 2.2.2 offer TTS (I have 2.1.3 currently)? That seems to be the only feature missing that I would really like to have.

The Next1 is for my soon to be 6 year old son. I am able to load his music (various MP3s with kids songs and stories like Its a Bugs Life, Monsters Inc, etc), his books (color epubs like Berenstain Bears and Curious George), and some videos (some AVI's I recorded over a year ago like Wall-E, Cars, etc play fine except for being a bit dark).

It would be nice to have TTS for his ebooks since he is just starting to read. But even without it, I am very impressed with my Next1 and this firmware.

Last edited by tselling; 01-15-2011 at 01:18 AM.
tselling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 10:40 AM   #77
lexluthorxx
lexluthorxx began at the beginning.

Device: nextbook
if anyone gets the video and audio to sync up please let us know your settings....
lexluthorxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2011, 11:42 AM   #78
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadMan View Post
Used the version of RK28 Device manager I had installed last month, v1.27.
The image loaded, and once I hit Upgrade, it failed on the device driver, I let it sit for a bit, then it asked if I wanted to install the driver after about a minute. I let it, then clicked Update again ( I did not close and restart RK28 Manager ).
Same thing happened for me the first time I flashed the Next1. After (re)loading the driver, it worked fine thereafter!

Quote:
Flash worked fine, and my Nextigio works great.
Great new marketing name; I like it!

Quote:
I cannot get subtitles to work at all, with anything for some reason.
Me too! Even though there's a 'Subtitle Language' Submenu item as shown in the PER3072B manual (pg 20), there isn't one in either firmware version. Perhaps someone will find a way...

By the way, have you tried Music files with lyrics (.lrc) yet? It works great so now I'll know what they are saying/singing...

You can try with some samples available here. I tried "Say You Say Me" (wma) and "Promises Don't Come Easy" (mp3). Just be sure to turn those lyrics ON when at the Music Player screen via "Menu/Display Settings/Lyrics".

I even added the proper .lrc timestamps to lyrics I found on the web for an .MP3 my daughter was learning for a school concert. This was done by opening a blank text file and adding the timestamp as I was listening to the music on the Next1. I just hit play/pause and typed the time into the text file. I did this for the entire song and then saved the .lrc with the same name of the .mp3 (without the extension).

Copied the .lrc to the same folder where my .mp3 was and now she (and I) can follow the music BETTER!!! A bit tedious, but works like a charm!!

My .lrc is as follows:
Code:
[ti:Dynamite]
[ar:Taio Cruz]
[al:Top40]

[00:00.00]
[00:07.00]I came to dance-dance-dance-dance,
[00:10.00]I hit the floor cause that's my plans plans plans plans,
[00:14.00]I'm wearing all my favorite brands brands brands brands,
[00:18.00]Give me some space for both my hands hands hands hands.
[00:21.00]Yeah, Yeah.
[00:23.00]Cause it goes on and on and on.
[00:27.00]And It goes on and on and on.
[00:30.00]I Throw My Hands Up In The Air Sometimes,
[00:35.00]Saying Ay-Oh, Gotta Let go.
[00:39.00]I wanna celebrate and live my life,
[00:42.00]Saying Ay-Oh, Baby Let's Go.
[00:46.00]Cause we gon rock this club,
[00:48.00]We gon' go all night,
[00:50.00]We gon' light it up,
[00:52.00]Like it's dynamite.
[00:55.00]Cause I told you once,
[00:57.00]Now I told you twice,
[00:59.00]We gon light it up,
[01:01.00]Like it's dynamite.
[01:03.00]I came to move move move move,
[01:06.00]Get out the way of my crew crew crew crew,
[01:09.00]I'm in the club so I'm gonna do do do do,
[01:13.00]Just what the fu** came here to do do do do,
[01:17.00]Yeah Yeah,
[01:19.00]Cause it goes on and on and on.
[01:23.00]And it goes on and on and on.
[01:28.00]I Throw My Hands Up In The Air Sometimes,
[01:31.00]Saying Ay-Oh, Gotta Let go.
[01:35.00]I wanna celebrate and live my life,
[01:39.00]Saying Ay-Oh, Baby Let's Go.
[01:43.00]Cause we gon rock this club,
[01:45.00]We gon' go all night,
[01:47.00]We gon' light it up,
[01:49.00]Like it's dynamite.
[01:51.00]Cause I told you once,
[01:53.00]Now I told you twice,
[01:55.00]We gon light it up,
[01:57.00]Like it's dynamite.
[02:00.00]I'm gonna take it all I,
[02:03.00]I'm gonna be the last one standing,
[02:07.00]I run the whole night,
[02:11.00]I'm gonna be the last one landing,
[02:15.00]Cause I'm gonna be the last one standing,
[02:23.00]I just want it all, want it all,
[02:26.00]I'm gonna put my hands in the air, hands in the air.
[02:44.00]I Throw My Hands Up In The Air Sometimes,
[02:47.00]Saying Ay-Oh, Gotta Let go.
[02:52.00]I wanna celebrate and live my life,
[02:55.00]Saying Ay-Oh, Baby Let's Go.
[02:59.00]Cause we gon rock this club,
[03:01.00]We gon' go all night,
[03:03.00]We gon' light it up,
[03:05.00]Like it's dynamite.
[03:07.00]Cause I told you once,
[03:09.00]Now I told you twice,
[03:11.00]We gon light it up,
[03:13.00]Like it's dynamite.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:03 PM   #79
DeadMan
Enthusiast
DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Ack, tried 2.2.2 firmware, and I had no videos that worked with it. So back to 2.1.3...

Few more video tests today.
Updated my Handbrake to v9.5 today for all these conversions.
Used default settings for the most part based on the Regular/Normal preset selection. Only had to select the proper codec under Video/Video Codec : MPEG-4 (FFmpeg).
For the conversions under Video/Quality, I would change the Avg Bitrate to whatever I was after at the time.

MP4
Used an episode of Rome, 720p MKV file, 1280x720.

Tested a few bit rates between 400 and 3000, and they all played fine. The only thing is it would take a little longer for the audio to sync back up if I would fast forward or rewind on the higher bit rate movies. But the audio would always sync back eventully.
I'm currently converting some fresh ones from my Family Guy dvd to MP4 with High Profile settings, will report back if there is anything new from that.

VOB
Tested some fresh VOB files off of a couple DVD's.
They were all at around 9000kbps and video was always way out of sync - a good minute or so off.
Tried VOB files from It's a Trap and an episode of Weeds.
I suspect that making them at around 3000kbps, they will play fine. I don't have any old DVD conversion software anymore to run better VOB tests, sorry.

Threw a few old Star Wars toy commercials on there, they are low quality MPG, about 400kbps, 160x120 and they played without a hitch.

Overall it seems the unit will play pretty much anything, within limit.
DeadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:24 PM   #80
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Hey, with all the experience in this thread how about making a wiki page on this product.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2011, 01:53 PM   #81
lexluthorxx
lexluthorxx began at the beginning.

Device: nextbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadMan View Post
Ack, tried 2.2.2 firmware, and I had no videos that worked with it. So back to 2.1.3...

Few more video tests today.
Updated my Handbrake to v9.5 today for all these conversions.
Used default settings for the most part based on the Regular/Normal preset selection. Only had to select the proper codec under Video/Video Codec : MPEG-4 (FFmpeg).
For the conversions under Video/Quality, I would change the Avg Bitrate to whatever I was after at the time.

MP4
Used an episode of Rome, 720p MKV file, 1280x720.

Tested a few bit rates between 400 and 3000, and they all played fine. The only thing is it would take a little longer for the audio to sync back up if I would fast forward or rewind on the higher bit rate movies. But the audio would always sync back eventully.
I'm currently converting some fresh ones from my Family Guy dvd to MP4 with High Profile settings, will report back if there is anything new from that.

VOB
Tested some fresh VOB files off of a couple DVD's.
They were all at around 9000kbps and video was always way out of sync - a good minute or so off.
Tried VOB files from It's a Trap and an episode of Weeds.
I suspect that making them at around 3000kbps, they will play fine. I don't have any old DVD conversion software anymore to run better VOB tests, sorry.

Threw a few old Star Wars toy commercials on there, they are low quality MPG, about 400kbps, 160x120 and they played without a hitch.

Overall it seems the unit will play pretty much anything, within limit.

So the audio sync'd up? if you didn't ff ?
lexluthorxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 04:41 PM   #82
DeadMan
Enthusiast
DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexluthorxx View Post
So the audio sync'd up? if you didn't ff ?
Yes it did.
DeadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 05:10 PM   #83
AnitaNY
AnitaNY began at the beginning.

Device: Next1
I cannot open book on Next1 reader

i downloaded a book from my public library. i can open it in my computer via ADE; but i cannot read it on my next1. the message says "Loan info is wrong, maybe"
Please help. i tried many times to uninstall ADE, my device & my computer are authorized but I still have same issue.
i was able to download sample books from ADE but nothing else.
AnitaNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:05 PM   #84
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnitaNY View Post
i downloaded a book from my public library. i can open it in my computer via ADE; but i cannot read it on my next1. the message says "Loan info is wrong, maybe"
Please help. i tried many times to uninstall ADE, my device & my computer are authorized but I still have same issue.
i was able to download sample books from ADE but nothing else.
You have to authorize your device on ADE, which I am sure you have done. Then you have to make sure that the email address and passwords on your Nextbook, and ADE are the same. I had troubles with this also. I did a search and found that even after you deactivate your PC and uninstall the ADE program you have to got to regedit and delete some folders too. Here is an excerpt from the Adobe Forum:

Anyway here are the details of what Adobe passed on to me.....I think this would amount to what someone would call a "clean" re-install of ADE. If you only un-install ADE and re-install it some files remain on the computer that make re-authorizing your computer potentially problematic.

1. Open ADE....press Ctrl+Shift+D and deauthorize ADE

2. Uninstall ADE

3. Delete these registry files....start>run then type "regedit" and locate and delete the folders "HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Adobe>Digital Editions" and "HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Adobe>Adept

4. Now re-install ADE and when asked to authorize use your ereader email address (this should be the same as your Adobe ID, if it is not this whole process probably won't work and you'll need to do something different) and the Adobe password that you had created with ADE

Also on the Nextbook I went to settings to clear the authorization. After that I turned it off and back on before reconnecting to my PC.

Ellen

Last edited by imaredr; 01-16-2011 at 06:08 PM.
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:10 PM   #85
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
Oops! I forgot this: The Nextbook reading software also depends on your settings for Borders. So that login info has to be the same as ADE info. Do you have a Borders' acct? If not you may want to configure that before you download the Library Book. Also I would delete the book from my PC and after setting up everything I would get a fresh download fo the ebook.

Ellen

Last edited by imaredr; 01-16-2011 at 06:33 PM.
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:09 PM   #86
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Hey, with all the experience in this thread how about making a wiki page on this product.

Dale
First draft is up at Next1! Perhaps, Dale, you can "cleanse" it a bit to conform with your standards...
Old 01-17-2011, 08:27 PM   #87
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Done,

Dale
Old 01-17-2011, 10:10 PM   #88
nrapallo

Quote:
Done,

Dale
Thanks, Dale, that really helps out!
Old 01-18-2011, 12:52 PM   #89
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Thanks, Dale, that really helps out!
You are welcome, glad to help. I have been collecting and assembling some information about the processor used on this device. It seems to be on several devices these days. I put it in the wiki.

Dale
Old 01-18-2011, 01:43 PM   #90
nrapallo

Quote:
I put it in the wiki.

Dale
it = RK2729

Tags
next1, nextbook, per3072b, prestigio