Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-16-2010, 08:59 AM   #1
sunnysmiles
Addict
sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: I pad air, kindle pw2 and kindle touch , kindle had fire Nook pad nook
Red face how to transfer books on to kindle

I dragged some books over to kindle that were non drm I beleive but they did not show up at all in my kindle .
sunnysmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:00 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
What format were they?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2010, 09:10 AM   #3
TenaciousBadger
Mrawr?
TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 3 wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
What format were they?
harry's asking because the Kindle recognizes .MOBI .PRC .DOC and .TXT files as far as i remember (and obviously the .AZW).
it also reads PDF.

i hope i haven't left one out.
TenaciousBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:44 AM   #4
sunnysmiles
Addict
sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: I pad air, kindle pw2 and kindle touch , kindle had fire Nook pad nook
I think they were either PDF or Epub
sunnysmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:45 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The Kindle will not read ePub books. PDFs should certainly be recognised, although how well they'll display is problematic.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2010, 10:27 AM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysmiles View Post
I dragged some books over to kindle that were non drm I beleive but they did not show up at all in my kindle .
sunnysmiles, here is Amazon's Kindle3 support page.

Maybe it will help you. You can also download the user guide in pdf for to read on your computer.

If you continue to have problems, and your books are NOT epub, call Kindle CS.....they will walk you thru.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200503360
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:37 AM   #7
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
dragging ebooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysmiles View Post
You can use Calibre to convert the epub books to mobi, and make sure when you drag books to your Kindle that you put them in the "Documents" folder.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 08:10 AM   #8
cuteseal
Enthusiast
cuteseal doesn't littercuteseal doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3
You can also set calibre to email the books to your @free.kindle.com email address - that way you can download via WiFi without hooking up cables.
cuteseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 01:38 PM   #9
crahol
crahol began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I thought that I did set Calibre to e-mail my books to my Kindle via the free gmail account (which my Kindle/Amazon accout is set to accept), but I cannot figure out how to download via WiFi. Can you help?
crahol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 01:41 PM   #10
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, crahol

If your account is set up properly, when you hit the "send to xxx@xxx the book will automatically send to your kindle, but the wifi must be on......

If you have further problems, you need to post them in the "Calibre" forum.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 05:51 PM   #11
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
thanks for the tip, desertgrandma. I fired up calibre (which is very slowwww on my pc) and emailed a whole bunch of books to my kindle. Its still faster just to upload files from my pc to gmail and then email them. But the files I did today had been converted from epub via calibre, so I found it convenient and easy!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 04:24 PM   #12
PISTO
PISTO began at the beginning.

Device: KINDLE PAPER WHITE
I have tried everything to transfer books from Calibre to my Kindle Paper White, USB, email and I keep getting errors. My Kindle is not recognized by Calibre as it used to be.
PISTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 05:51 PM   #13
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by PISTO View Post
I have tried everything to transfer books from Calibre to my Kindle Paper White, USB, email and I keep getting errors. My Kindle is not recognized by Calibre as it used to be.
Does your computer see the Kindle at all? If not, have you tried switching out your USB cable?

(This is a REALLY old thread. It might have been better to start a new one – but I'm not sure what the norm is on that.)
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 07:13 PM   #14
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Does your computer see the Kindle at all? If not, have you tried switching out your USB cable?

(This is a REALLY old thread. It might have been better to start a new one – but I'm not sure what the norm is on that.)
Since Calibre is involved, it would be better to ask in the Calibre forum

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=166
j.p.s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 09:35 PM   #15
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
If he posts in the calibre/devices subforum, I suspect the first response will be:

https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...ted-by-calibre
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote