Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 10-17-2013, 12:14 PM   #1
WilliamGarner
WilliamGarner began at the beginning.

Device: Apple MacBook Pro
iTunes Error Messages with Book Cover

Hello, All:

I created a great ebook, [promotion deleted - MODERATOR], using a program called Jutoh. It's THE best ebook creator on the market.

Anyway, I tried to upload my epub file with cover art to Apple's iTunes via iTunes Producer (latest version), and kept getting error messages about cover art being too large, then too small. And also an email from them saying I'd exceeded the maximum file size of 3,200,000 pixels, which is silly.

Has anyone out there encountered similar problems?

Can anyone tell me exactly how to format in dimensions my 6" x 9" book cover for iTunes, please?

Thank you,

Dean

69@adagiopress.com

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 10-17-2013 at 12:41 PM.
WilliamGarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 03:25 AM   #2
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamGarner View Post
Hello, All:

I created a great ebook, [promotion deleted - MODERATOR], using a program called Jutoh. It's THE best ebook creator on the market.

Anyway, I tried to upload my epub file with cover art to Apple's iTunes via iTunes Producer (latest version), and kept getting error messages about cover art being too large, then too small. And also an email from them saying I'd exceeded the maximum file size of 3,200,000 pixels, which is silly.

Has anyone out there encountered similar problems?

Can anyone tell me exactly how to format in dimensions my 6" x 9" book cover for iTunes, please?

Thank you,

Dean

69@adagiopress.com
Why don't you tell us what size cover you uploaded during the cover upload step in iTunesConnect, please? It's not "silly" that you've exceeded their maximum possible internal image size of 2megapixels (not 3,200,000 pixels, last time I looked); if you used the same cover that you used for, say, Amazon--1563.2500pixels at 300ppi--that's larger than 2megapix. So, what size cover DID you use, please? A 6x9" cover, that is at 300ppi, would indeed be larger than 2megapixels (1800x2700 pixels, which would be 4,860,000 pixels). Please provide us the cover dimensions that you used in pixels.

eBook covers really aren't measured in inches; they're supposed to be measured in pixels, and this is why--so you can have a precise measurement method, and size your cover images, etc., appropriately, which allows you not to exceed the limits at the various retailers'.

We can't assist you without some additional information.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert