Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-14-2008, 07:59 AM   #1
alophind
Connoisseur
alophind began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Treo 650
Does the eReader support russian ebooks?

Hi ,
If ill take russian word document and use book designer to convert it to ebook for the sony reader , will I see the document with no problems in the ebook?

Thx.
alophind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 08:31 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The 500/505 does not support eReader format. So if you use Book Designer to generate eReader format ebooks, the Sony will not read them.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2008, 09:24 AM   #3
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
But the Sony Reader PRS 500/505 will read Russian. I believe that other people have embedded Russian fonts. Use Book Designer and make an lrf book.

There are threads on this topic. Do a search for Russian fonts.

(Jon, I think this person is asking about making ebooks; not about the e-reader format.)
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:32 AM   #4
Jeeves
Jeeves has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by alophind View Post
Hi ,
If ill take russian word document and use book designer to convert it to ebook for the sony reader , will I see the document with no problems in the ebook?

Thx.
If you used the correct font /cyrillic/, you wouldn't get any problems. I'm using Tmscyr and don't have problems at all.... except the slower page turn.
Jeeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 07:30 AM   #5
alophind
Connoisseur
alophind began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Treo 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The 500/505 does not support eReader format. So if you use Book Designer to generate eReader format ebooks, the Sony will not read them.
When I wrote eReader I meant the sony reader format (lrf)
alophind is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2008, 07:42 AM   #6
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alophind View Post
When I wrote eReader I meant the sony reader format (lrf)
Ah. I got confused as well, because eReader is format on its own and has no relation to Sony Reader or LRF format.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:37 PM   #7
DreamM0629
DreamM0629 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader
Ok I see that people disscussed translating the book to russian, but can you put actual russian books on the sony eReader? if yes, where can you download those books from?
DreamM0629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:58 PM   #8
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Yes, you can put Russian books onto the Sony Reader.

The Ebook Database is hosted in Russia and is a useful source of Russian-language books.
http://www.ebdb.net/
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote