Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-29-2010, 07:53 PM   #121
LaurieGator
Crazy Cat Lady
LaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 2i, Nook Color (Rooted)
This sounds like lots of fun!

I would love to just keep track of the number of books that I read in a year. If I reach 100 that would be great but I will keep reading and not put any undue pressure on myself.
LaurieGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 07:55 PM   #122
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieGator View Post
This sounds like lots of fun!

I would love to just keep track of the number of books that I read in a year. If I reach 100 that would be great but I will keep reading and not put any undue pressure on myself.
Come on in. Click "community" in the blue bar above, then "social groups" to get to the group. Welcome!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2010, 07:57 PM   #123
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Hi all,

I've decided to join the challenge, although my personal goal is 50. I'll be amazed if I get anywhere near. 100.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:03 PM   #124
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I'm putting my own twist on this. My goal is to read 20,000 pages (100 books X 200 pages). I'll base the pages on the Aldiko page count or the MMPB.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 05:14 PM   #125
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
I've been (mostly, there's a few I missed adding) keeping track of what I read for the last few months by using Shelfari. I also have Goodreads, but that one was already way too cluttered to even try using it for this. According to Shelfari, I've read 51 books since I started keeping track, which was the beginning of September. So apparently, I could do it...I guess the question would be keeping up with it. I have a hard enough time keeping up with the Shelfari Project, LOL.
I tried Shelfari. I found it a mess. I found errors that would not let me properly enter some books. I did try to contact the staff to get the errors fixed. After a month of not having them fixed, I gave up and moved on. Now I use Goodreads. The staff there do a good job fixing errors.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2010, 05:15 PM   #126
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
I'm anxious to get started. One thought keeps bothering me: Will I be reading much on the day after the New Years party?
That would be the 2nd of January as the party won't end till the 1st. So the day after is the 2nd. Now, you might need an eink device due to the backlit display of the iPad bothering your hangover.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:16 PM   #127
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvcherrybomb View Post
It appears that your ticker has started without you.

Actually, it's not true that I don't want a ticker. I want one, I just want it to the right of my Swagbucks sig and I don't know how to make that happen. It always puts itself below and makes my signature too long.
You can put the image tags to the right of the Swagbucks sig. And then you can try to center it all and see how that goes.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:16 PM   #128
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Hi all,

I've decided to join the challenge, although my personal goal is 50. I'll be amazed if I get anywhere near. 100.
Welcome! I think I read about 50 in 2010, but I was unable to read until April and got my iPad with its great zoom. And I spent a lot of time almost every day playing games on it. My brain is withering, so I plan to play less and read more. 100 will be a stretch, but it will be a good goal to work on. I plan on tracking costs, because I have never known what I spend on books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That would be the 2nd of January as the party won't end till the 1st. So the day after is the 2nd. Now, you might need an eink device due to the backlit display of the iPad bothering your hangover.
Wait, is that algebra? Sounds like a word problem to me. Funny story, but I had severe panic attacks before math tests, when the numbers turned to ants and crawled off the exam paper. (C'mon, I was a lit major.). The only way I passed that single math course required to graduate was to have a couple of drinks beforehand. Calmed those jitters down nicely.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:24 PM   #129
screwballl
NewKindler
screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3 Wifi
Good luck to those who have the opportunity and ability.

As much as I would like to, between work, 2 young daughters (3 and 8), and my reading habits (I tend to read longer books), I am lucky to get 2 or 3 per year.

But that is fine, it is not for me.
screwballl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:28 PM   #130
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You can put the image tags to the right of the Swagbucks sig. And then you can try to center it all and see how that goes.
Thanks.

I never did get them side by side but at least they are centered.
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:29 PM   #131
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
I'm putting my own twist on this. My goal is to read 20,000 pages (100 books X 200 pages). I'll base the pages on the Aldiko page count or the MMPB.
That is brilliant! That way, I could throw in a 175 page book while I was stuck on the train, and still count it. I still want to indicate genre though - keep me honest in my desire to vary my reading a bit.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:47 PM   #132
DixieGal
Hi There!

All of the tickers are cute!
Old 12-30-2010, 08:47 PM   #133
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
All of the tickers are cute!
I agree. I wanted to make one, but I can not find a" Signature option" in order to use it. I checked (double checked & triple checked) the Customize Profile options under User CP, but I do not see it available.

Edited to Add: Thank you for the warm welcome DixieGal! This will be my 3rd attempt at reading at least 50 books in one year. Between the kids, and volunteering at their school, I tend to run out of time.

Last edited by Nyssa; 12-30-2010 at 08:52 PM.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:53 PM   #134
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
I agree. I wanted make one, but I can not find a" Signature option" in order to use it. I checked (double checked & triple checked) the Customize Profile options under User CP, but I do not see it available.
In the User CP, scroll down that list to the "Settings and Options" section. It's down there. I didn't see it at first either.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 09:06 PM   #135
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
In the User CP, scroll down that list to the "Settings and Options" section. It's down there. I didn't see it at first either.
I'm still missing it CWatkinsNash. I'm in Edit Options under "Settings and Options"

I see the option to show signatures, but not to add one.

Tags
a terminator production