Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-31-2018, 11:55 AM   #286
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by latepaul View Post
Well there's 10 and a bit hours to go (here) but I won't be reading any more books. So I ended on 65 which is good for me.

Here's my Goodreads "Paul's Year in Books" link
Off topic: Have you seen the hippo sculpture at the Sainsbury Centre?

Click image for larger version

Name:	UEA306.jpg
Views:	582
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	168711
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 03:11 PM   #287
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
I did finish one last book last night.

113 Books on the year, 57 short stories and every single goal met save for finishing a re-read of War and Peace, and I am about 200 pages off of that.

I am attaching my year-end stats for any other nerds who care.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018 Year-End Stats.JPG
Views:	378
Size:	154.7 KB
ID:	168716  
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 05:06 PM   #288
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
103 books for me. I'm pleased to hit the hundred mark again, but sadly I acquired 120 books so failed my main goal. I'm carrying the -17 over as my target for 2019.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 05:11 PM   #289
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I met my challenge of 100 books by reading 119 of them. Yay!
My goal of finishing all books bought 2011 and earlier - finished all the 2010 and still have 11 for 2011. Sigh. Closer but not a finish.
I dashed the budget goal early on, never to recover.
Magazines? Didn't get to them either.

Much the same goals next year, but the overall one is to end my TBR lower than Jan. 1.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 07:16 PM   #290
Dngrsone
Almost legible
Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy Tab A (2017), Likebook P78
I've read 120 books this year, some of which were very challenging. I know that's close to my original target before I foolishly boosted it to 150, but still, a good effort on my part.
Dngrsone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 05:30 AM   #291
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I had an okay year. I've finished 108 books, read 40540 pages, which means the books were an average length of just over 375 pages, which isn't bad. I've read less pages than over the past years, but then I have more things to keep me occupied.

The only goal I failed was the review one. I planned to write at least 12 reviews, I only wrote one. But I did keep notes on quite a lot of books, which I enjoyed and enhanced my reading experience.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 06:56 AM   #292
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Ooh no, but it looks cool.

I do have a photo of an Egyptian blue hippo that's from ~2800BC I think. Not sure if I have a digitized copy.
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 07:37 AM   #293
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
The only goal I failed was the review one. I planned to write at least 12 reviews, I only wrote one. But I did keep notes on quite a lot of books, which I enjoyed and enhanced my reading experience.
I've started posting brief reviews at Goodreads when I finish a book (mostly before I just rated them) and it does help to coalesce my opinion. Similarly, I also find that note-taking for books I read for the New Leaf Book Club and the subsequent discussion does add to my appreciation of a book.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 09:59 AM   #294
Byrdie
Walking Library
Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kindle Paperwhite 5, 16 gb version
I ended the year on a total of 86 books read and also met my other goals -- though it seems my TBR pile has actually gotten bigger despite my efforts. Looking forward to 2019 and the books it will bring.
Byrdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 11:38 AM   #295
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdie View Post
I ended the year on a total of 86 books read and also met my other goals -- though it seems my TBR pile has actually gotten bigger despite my efforts. Looking forward to 2019 and the books it will bring.
Isn't that just the way it happens! Good luck on TBR for 2019!
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 02:22 PM   #296
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
I pretty much stopped reading toward the end of the year, and hope to pick it back up next year. I'm having a hard time deciding what to read out of my nearly eight year old TBR pile of Kindle freebies and I am thinking I should just delete most of them and move on. (Back then I was picking up a lot of different genres and styles to get a feel for what I like to read. Turns out, I prefer my researched selective purchases over pretty much all of those freebies. It didn't really work out the way I thought it would.)
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote