Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 04-24-2013, 09:28 PM   #16
Arios
A curiosus lector!
Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Touch
Thanks Peter for sharing! That seems interesting.

@Frank,

Quote:
AWP is like an Word "extension"
This is exactly what i thought and hope (for awp) that ms does not enter in this field!

Last edited by Arios; 04-25-2013 at 12:10 AM.
Arios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:04 AM   #17
frank14612
Connoisseur
frank14612 doesn't litterfrank14612 doesn't litterfrank14612 doesn't litter

Device: Nook Simple Touch with Glow-light
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arios View Post
@Frank,
Quote:
Quote:
AWP is like an Word "extension"
This is exactly what i thought and hope (for awp) that ms does not enter in this field!
Agreed!

Two things: First, I would certainly have started using Atlantis Word Processor months ago if I had known that it existed and what its capabilities are. I don't recall in my early searches on Google for "how to create epubs" that AWP was among the hits. I was trying to do it "the hard way," using Word, et al. It was just by accident that I discovered AWP in the MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub > New ePub creation tool thread. I think AWP should have a lot more publicity. Second, I just published my first book on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CJJQ2BG), which was created totally in AWP.

My thanks to you and the eponymous "awp"!

Frank

Last edited by frank14612; 04-27-2013 at 02:23 PM.
frank14612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:23 PM   #18
Arios
A curiosus lector!
Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Touch
Hi Frank,

You are very welcome but I just show you the way!

BTW your book seems interesting!

Anyway, a good tool is always better than a bad one (ah! even Hegel would not thinked to that ), but what matter the most is the person behind the tool.

I'm happy you have find the best one for you.
Arios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:32 PM   #19
frank14612
Connoisseur
frank14612 doesn't litterfrank14612 doesn't litterfrank14612 doesn't litter

Device: Nook Simple Touch with Glow-light
Arios said:
Quote:
BTW your book seems interesting!
Thank you, Arios!

Since I posted the first version, I did some needed research into formatting in AWP and have applied many changes. I have completely reformatted the paragraphs according to AWP recommendations, removed superfluous empty paragraph insertions, and centered the independent pictures. I have resubmitted the improved version to Amazon. It reads much more comfortably now, with proper formatting and (I hope) none of the unexpected jogs in the reading flow that it had before.

Frank
frank14612 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
atlantis, awp, epub, publish, word