GEMITO138 began at the beginning.

Device: dr1000s
NEW FIRMWARE!!!

GO FOR IT!
GEMITO138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:00 AM   #2
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
Got it :-)
The version 1.6 trial now begins.

First impressions are good, it's response time is a lot better and as they say, pdfs are also quicker to use. Time will tell wrt other issues

Howard

Last edited by pthwaite; 05-13-2009 at 09:11 AM.
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2009, 09:11 AM   #3
RobbieClarken
Addict
RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Where are you guys getting it from? I haven't seen any links posted and my PC Companion Software and Updater aren't detecting the new update.
RobbieClarken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:12 AM   #4
myprecious
Zealot
myprecious began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
http://support.irexnet.com/index.php...wnews&newsid=7
myprecious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:14 AM   #5
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
Well, if you go to the downloads section you will see a pdf that describes the functionality and inside there is alink to the downloads. That was the quickest way of getting it for me (I've a MAC anyway)

I suspect their server hasn't quite caught up to updating the "Companion Software" update method yet, nor possibly the direct update download page.

Howard
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2009, 09:19 AM   #6
ThR
Tatütatuter
ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Aura H2O, Glo HD, Paperwhite, PRS-950
Great news. The run for new bugs may begin!
ThR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:21 AM   #7
RobbieClarken
Addict
RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pthwaite View Post
I suspect their server hasn't quite caught up to updating the "Companion Software" update method yet, nor possibly the direct update download page.
Strangely the companion software is updating my versions.ini file to read "[device]deviceversion = 1600" without actually downloading the latest firmware. But I downloaded it from the link myprecious posted and it is installing now. If the pen bug is fixed I will be overjoyed.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:46 AM   #8
myprecious
Zealot

PDF docs open faster indeed
Overall responsiveness/speed of the device has also increased - but perhaps it's just placebo
Old 05-13-2009, 09:50 AM   #9
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
First ¿bug?

I was using the reader and I see low battery, then I connect the AC and I continue reading, few minutes later i end with that and I left it on to try the new sleep mode.

Well, five minutes later, I try the DR and it takes about 1/2 minutes on wake up, first I was thinking that it was frozen, but no, takes a lot to wake up.

I try two times, and the two takes about 1/2 minutes on wake up from sleep.

anyone more with this?
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:53 AM   #10
ThR
Tatütatuter
ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Aura H2O, Glo HD, Paperwhite, PRS-950
How did you try? Pen or sensor?
ThR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:07 AM   #11
RobbieClarken
Addict

Wow! I'm astounded by how much faster PDFs are. There is hardly a pause when turning pages - even if you skip forward many pages.

And the PressReader update is amazing! I'm definitely going to start using that software again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myprecious View Post
Overall responsiveness/speed of the device has also increased - but perhaps it's just placebo
I definitely notice a significant improvement in general navigation as well. And I love the new keyboard and the disabled blinking light (I can turn the sensor lights on again, yay!).

Congrats iRex... as long as their aren't any sinister bugs hiding beneath the surface this is an outstanding update. It's convinced me to cancel my Kindle DX order and spend the money on books for my DR1000S instead.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:35 AM   #12
myprecious
Zealot

Those who experienced the pen bug - is it gone?
Old 05-13-2009, 10:51 AM   #13
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Sadly, I'm still experiencing the Pen Bug. :-/
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:12 AM   #14
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThR View Post
How did you try? Pen or sensor?
both .
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:11 PM   #15
myprecious
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
Sadly, I'm still experiencing the Pen Bug. :-/
Very dissapointing indeed.
I have only experienced the bug once or twice so for me it's not an issue; maybe it is a hardware problem with some devices?