Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 04-07-2019, 08:47 PM   #1
einkuser
Enthusiast
einkuser began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 8th generation, Onyx Boox Nova
KOReader flickering issue on the Onyx Boox Nova

I am using KOReader on the Onyx Boox Nova.

KOReader's Android application installs without issues. However, after installation, there is a lot of flickering when selecting menus and highlighting texts. Does anyone know the reason behind this issue and how it can be resolved?

Thanks
einkuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 11:49 PM   #2
einkuser
Enthusiast

Just a further note: I think the problem is due to the way the Onyx Boox Nova handles screen refresh. I turned on A2 mode and the flickering stopped.
Old 04-08-2019, 05:12 PM   #3
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
hi @einkuser. A video showing the flickering issue should be great. Also you can install a little apk called EinkTest from https://github.com/koreader/koreader/releases and report how your device is recognized (manufacturer, brand, etc, etc). This will help when/if somebody tries to port the onyx sdk to KOReader.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 01:00 AM   #4
einkuser
Enthusiast

Hi @pazos

Thanks a lot for the feedback.

I installed the e-ink test app and it gives the following details:

Manufacturer: Onyx
Brand: Onyx
Model: Nova
Hardware: rk30board
Platform: rk3288

I did the refresh test and it doesn't work on the device.

I'll try to upload a video to demonstrate what I mean by flickering. It is difficult to describe - choosing a menu item makes the screen flash twice. Also, when highlighting a text the screen goes blank and then returns - like it is twitching - and doesn't stop until I finish text selection.
Old 05-24-2019, 09:50 AM   #5
heyman
Connoisseur
heyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it is

Device: sony
I don't think it's called flickering, android version is unstable, even on my phone the koreader will sudden exit
heyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 07:06 AM   #6
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyman View Post
I don't think it's called flickering, android version is unstable, even on my phone the koreader will sudden exit
Please, do not try to guess the behaviour on other devices based on the behaviour you found on yours. This will lead to wrong conclusions.

The flickering problem has more than one report on onyx devices, like this one http://www.budgettech.review/2019/04...lications.html

If android is unstable on your device then please report it.
Thanks!
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 12:52 PM   #7
einkuser
Enthusiast

Thanks for the feedback.

That is my blog! I've changed the URL to the following address: www.ereadertech.xyz

Please note I've posted two short clips on Instagram that demonstrates the problem (one with A2 mode on and the other shows flickering without A2 mode):

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByjbsmFHuJf/

Last edited by einkuser; 06-22-2019 at 01:38 PM.