Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-06-2012, 10:09 PM   #1
belle2
belle2 is a marvel to beholdbelle2 is a marvel to beholdbelle2 is a marvel to beholdbelle2 is a marvel to beholdbelle2 is a marvel to beholdbelle2 is a marvel to beholdbelle2 is a marvel to beholdbelle2 is a marvel to beholdbelle2 is a marvel to beholdbelle2 is a marvel to beholdbelle2 is a marvel to behold

Device: Kindle DX
Library not recognised

Hi,
I've spent months downloading my metadata on about 1500 books. I just had a reinstall and the Calibre Library went back from my backup OK. I've downloaded Calibre and pointed it to the Library but it is not recognising all my books. The ones it does recognise are mostly minus the metadata. There are no series showing either.
Is there anyone can help me. This is very frustrating.
belle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:04 PM   #2
belle2
belle2 is a marvel to beholdbelle2 is a marvel to beholdbelle2 is a marvel to beholdbelle2 is a marvel to beholdbelle2 is a marvel to beholdbelle2 is a marvel to beholdbelle2 is a marvel to beholdbelle2 is a marvel to beholdbelle2 is a marvel to beholdbelle2 is a marvel to beholdbelle2 is a marvel to behold

Lots of lookers and no answers. Does this mean all is lost? Do I have to redo all the work. Does anyone have a contact email for Calibre?
Advert
Old 07-08-2012, 09:22 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by belle2 View Post
Lots of lookers and no answers. Does this mean all is lost? Do I have to redo all the work. Does anyone have a contact email for Calibre?
No answer means No Ideas (at least based upon what you have provided)

Metadata is stored in the DB and extra OPF
Lost metadata indicates you did not restore/change Libraries using the approved method did you RTFM? The FAQ? before you charged ahead?.

A 'Library' is the entire folder. doing any other method probably destroyed the backup OPF file.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:48 PM   #4
belle2

Thanks for reply. I did a system backup before the reinstall. I didn't do anything specifically to Calibre. I do find all the information a bit complicated.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:12 AM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
When you say reinstall, do you mean a reinstall of calibre, or a reinstall of the O/S on the machine?

When you say
Quote:
the Calibre Library went back from my backup OK
I take it as being you restored the entire calibre library from a backup.

If you browse to that location in either the command line, or Windows Explorer, what type of entries do you see in that directory?

For instance, when *I* browse to the location of my calibre library I see
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MyLibrary.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	88896  
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2012, 09:35 PM   #6
belle2

Thanks Pete.

I was talking about whole OS. Computer was dying as I worked so I did an immediate backup before it turned into a brick.

I took the computer back to factory settings and I then restored data from back up. For some reason the db was not coming over.

I've resolved the issue. I restored all the Calibre libraries from my external drive and one of them let the data base restorer work.(I tried before but didn't get anything.)

I'm very happy

Tags
library