Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2021, 07:21 AM   #1141
onniks
onniks began at the beginning.

Device: kobo kbn647b
Good day! Can I have the SD image for kobo WiFi kbn647b? Admin made possibility to me to have PM at last. Thanks to him for it!
Old 11-15-2021, 07:18 AM   #1142
damvcoool
damvcoool began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo WiFi (N647B)
Good day, i have recently been gifted an old Kobo Wifi, which I identified to be a KBN647B, with 1.9.10 and i was wondering if I you have the newer software 1.9.12 for it.

Thank you in advance.
Old 11-15-2021, 08:29 AM   #1143
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by damvcoool View Post
Good day, i have recently been gifted an old Kobo Wifi, which I identified to be a KBN647B, with 1.9.10 and i was wondering if I you have the newer software 1.9.12 for it.
Sorry, I don't have any firmware updates for any of the devices. The images I have are all taken after a factory reset. I think the image for the WiFi is actually at 1.9.9. The Kobo desktop might update your device further, but, I don't know for sure. And I don't have a link for any updates.
Old 11-15-2021, 09:26 AM   #1144
damvcoool

no problem, I thought maybe my device would be the same the one for this thread since it's also an N647.
Old 11-15-2021, 06:37 PM   #1145
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damvcoool View Post
no problem, I thought maybe my device would be the same the one for this thread since it's also an N647.
It is the same. But, if you do a factory reset of that device, it sets itself back to whatever firmware was on the device when it was manufactured. I'm not completely sure, but, I believe this will be firmware version earlier that 1.9.10. If you want a later firmware than that, there is no point in going backwards.

The purpose of this, and the other similar threads for other devices, is to fix non-working devices. For most this means devices that don't start. For the WiFi, there is a problem were the device does not see books after updating to firmware 1.9.12. The only fix found was to use the image and then do the updating.

For the WiFi on firmware version 1.9.10, I don't know how to update it. Kobo removed support in January 2019. The details are in https://help.kobo.com/hc/en-us/artic...mmon-questions. I don't know if the Kobo desktop will do the update. The firmware is probably out there, and it wouldn't surprise me if Kobo has it available still. But, I don't have it or a link.
Old 11-16-2021, 07:55 AM   #1146
damvcoool

Wow, thank you so much for the detailed explanation.
Old 12-26-2021, 10:46 PM   #1147
Shiroi
Shiroi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi
Hi all,

Similar story to many others (inherited a Kobo N647 from a sibling, tried updating it to 1.9.12, things went south from there), would it be possible for you to send me the SD image? Thanks in advance!
Old 12-27-2021, 05:01 AM   #1148
RonanLC
RonanLC began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch N905C
Hello, i'm looking for an disk image for Kobo touch N905C, thank a lot.
Old 12-27-2021, 07:02 AM   #1149
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@Shiroi, @RonanLC: PMs sent.
Old 01-02-2022, 10:22 AM   #1150
mannie1492
mannie1492 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo wifi
Hi all,

I recently got a Kobo N647, unfortunately the device does not see books after updating to firmware 1.9.12.. Would it be possible for ou to send the SD image?
Thanks!
Old 01-02-2022, 07:37 PM   #1151
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 01-08-2022, 11:49 PM   #1152
akylindris
akylindris began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo N647
Hi,

I am hoping you might be able to provide me with the SD image for the Kobo N647 model.

Thank you in advance!
A
Old 01-09-2022, 08:57 AM   #1153
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 01-15-2022, 04:37 PM   #1154
Shekan
Shekan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi N647
May I also get the image for the N647, please?
Old 01-15-2022, 10:29 PM   #1155
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Closed Thread

Tags
image, kobo, kobo wifi, sd card, wifi