Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-18-2021, 02:36 PM   #1
PFunk007
PFunk007 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Authors with Middle Names/Multiple Initials

I'm having a weird issue with my Nook Glowlight Plus where it won't display the middle initials or middle names of authors in the Library list view.

For example:
Edgar Allan Poe shows up as Edgar Poe. F. Scott Fitzgerald is F. Fitzgerald.

If I look in the metadata in Calibre, the Author is listed as "Edgar Allan Poe" and the Author Sort is "Poe, Edgar Allan".

Has anyone else come across this before? Curious if there's a setting on the Nook or in Calibre that I need to adjust.

Interestingly, on the Nook, if I click the "View Details" page for a book, the full author name IS listed there.

Thank you in advance for your help!
PFunk007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 12:15 AM   #2
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
I only have my Nook ST handy, which runs on a much older version of the software. It displays all three names.

I'll check my newer Nooks when I go downstairs.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 10:39 PM   #3
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
On my newer Nooks, I'm seeing the same. The Wizard of Oz author is L. Baum.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 10:54 AM   #4
PFunk007
PFunk007 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Ok, thank you for checking! Seems to just be a Nook issue then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
On my newer Nooks, I'm seeing the same. The Wizard of Oz author is L. Baum.
PFunk007 is offline   Reply With Quote