Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 11-30-2021, 07:12 AM   #1
1v4n0
Groupie
1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: kindle
view whole table on adobe digital editions

Hello, I have a table with two long columns. It works fine in sigil and calibre viewer/editor, but on adobe digital editions I only see the part of the table that fits in the page. I can't scroll down, and if turn the page it brings me to the following xhtml file.
Also the h1 title is shown on a separate page instead of on top of the table.

(I also had another issue on ADE, which I managed to solve: the two columns were not shown on the same page. For that I had to add an empty column before the closing tag of the table)

Any ideas on how to fix this?
File is attached.
Attached Files
File Type: epub f.epub (14.6 KB, 124 views)
1v4n0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 07:27 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
It looks like it's a long-standing bug/design decision in ADE. See this discussion from 2010!
https://community.adobe.com/t5/digit...e/td-p/2460846

(which doesn't have an answer)
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 07:38 AM   #3
1v4n0
Groupie
1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: kindle
Thank you. I tried a workaround using divs, of which one is floated left and the other one is displayed inline, but I get the exact same problem.
1v4n0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 07:38 AM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Hopefully someone with more up-to-date info will be along soon.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 08:52 AM   #5
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1v4n0 View Post
Hello, I have a table with two long columns. It works fine in sigil and calibre viewer/editor, but on adobe digital editions I only see the part of the table that fits in the page. I can't scroll down, and if turn the page it brings me to the following xhtml file.
Also the h1 title is shown on a separate page instead of on top of the table.

(I also had another issue on ADE, which I managed to solve: the two columns were not shown on the same page. For that I had to add an empty column before the closing tag of the table)

Any ideas on how to fix this?
File is attached.
The problem is due to that ADE doesn't know how to split the info in the middle of a row of a table. You should have more than only one row, (maybe one for each <p> tag) or you can employ this alternative method to mimic a table:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...01&postcount=5

My "solution" (in a way of speaking) was for three columns, but you can easily adapt it for two ones.
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote