Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-20-2017, 08:20 PM   #1
luvduchovny
Zealot
luvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melon

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500, PRS-600, PRS-650, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
Calibre Server 3.0 won't download on Sony Reader T3

I like to use Calibre's server so I can fire up my Sony Reader T3 and download books to the micro sd card on my Sony. It worked fine in Calibre 2.x. Then I uploaded Calibre 3. Turned on the server, and I could download 1 book. And that was that. Afterwards, I couldn't get it to download the books at all.

1. I added a new user/password. Turned on the server.

2. Open the browser on the T3 went to the url and it asked for user/password. I put the new user in.
It changed the url to http://url:8080/mobile (okay that is fine, in the past by default it was the mobile version anyway).

3. I can see my list of books. I click on the epub link that would start the download, but now I get the error Download Unsuccessful. I thought maybe it didn't like going to the external card. So I went back into my sony settings changing the download to download to the device. Still no love.

4. I've uninstalled Calibre. Making sure Calibre 2.x wasn't in it, then reinstalled 3.0. Again I can get to the server but I can't download on the Sony 3. I tested this with an android tablet I have. It DOES download the books. Which is fine and good, but I do my primary reading on my sony device.

Anything I can do to remedy the issue or just go back to the old days of plugging a usb to my computer and putting the books on the device that way? Or should I just wait for something in 3.0.1?

LD
luvduchovny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 10:55 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Given that I dont have a working T3 and SONY has discontiued the line, this is unlikely to be fixed, I'm afraid.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2017, 10:19 PM   #3
luvduchovny
Zealot
luvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melon

Darn... That is too bad. I'll have to go old school on it then. I appreciate the honesty. Thank you.
Old 06-23-2017, 09:59 PM   #4
luvduchovny
Zealot

Before the latest update for grins I dug out my old Sony T1 and I could download from the Calibre 3 server. So while downloading the 3.1.1 update I decided to clear the cache and search history off the the T3. And with 3.1.1. I could successfully download on the T3. I don't know if it was the cache that was the issue. But in any case, I'm thrilled it's all working again.

Good work there, Kovid! Thanks!

Last edited by luvduchovny; 06-23-2017 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Correcting the Sony device

Tags
calibre, dowload error, server, sony t3