Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-27-2013, 07:18 AM   #31
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
Czech localization for firmwares 4.1.0 and 4.1.1 :
http://www.eboocek.cz/2013/01/ceska-...4-1-0-a-4-1-1/
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:51 AM   #32
danan72
danan72 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, KPW2
polish localization for 4.1.0 & 4.1.1

... and here is Polish localization for this device (based on the Czech version).
Thanks to @dsmid for his work .
Attached Files
File Type: zip update_loc_pl_4_1_1_v1_5.zip (597.7 KB, 282 views)

Last edited by danan72; 02-06-2013 at 05:21 PM.
danan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:42 AM   #33
hatman
hatman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Hi, new here and quite a noob, too. I'm interested in localizing my Kindle and I've already downloaded the source. So if I translate the .translations and pictures, how do I compile the installers? I have Windows and Linux at hand. And how long did it take you to have your Kindle speak eg. Czech?
hatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:58 AM   #34
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi hatman, what is your language ?
You only need to translate the .translation and .properties files + localize few images.
I could do the rest for you or I can instruct you how to build the hack on Linux.
Please don't use the Czech locale tree for translation because there would be a high risk of mixing your language and Czech localization otherwise.
I can prepare an empty tree for you, if you want.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:32 AM   #35
hatman
hatman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Hi dsmid, you were fast Finnish would be my language. I'd rather know how to compile the installer myself, in case of typos and other corrections. But I'm still unsure if I am going to do it, because I should be concentrating on studying :P So what's approximately the time range required for the translation work? Thank you!
hatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:39 AM   #36
dsmid
Linux devotee

It's around 1500 phrases - about two weeks if you are able to translate 100 phrases per day on average.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:44 AM   #37
donMaranzano
Zealot
donMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 5
Is it possible to make bulgaria for Kindle 4 touch?
donMaranzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:01 AM   #38
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by donMaranzano View Post
Is it possible to make bulgaria for Kindle 4 touch?
There is no such thing as a "Kindle 4 touch" -

What model are you asking about?
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers

OR
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Prefix_Index
See that ".. K2 .. .. K5 .." row of links at the top - click each, and each of those pages has a picture of the device.

OR
View the "settings" menu and tell us what firmware version, as shown in the footer.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:58 AM   #39
donMaranzano
Zealot
donMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheese

Sorry my mistake. Kindle touch ver. 5.3.7
Old 09-06-2013, 08:56 AM   #40
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Sorry my mistake. Kindle touch ver. 5.3.7
Ans: Yes.

I do not recall seeing that posted for the K5-Touch.

Try filtering the thread index by the 'K5' prefix, see what localization stuff you can find that way - for any language.

The process should be the same for any language.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:00 AM   #41
donMaranzano
Zealot

Is it possible to explain the procedure?
Old 09-06-2013, 09:05 AM   #42
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Is it possible to explain the procedure?
There is a thread here on that subject - I have never done it myself (nor looked for the thread myself).
All the directions you should need are in the thread.

Perhaps use the 'advanced search' feature and check for posts by ixtab - he commented on it recently and that post may have a direct link.

- - - -
'Advanced Search'
While logged in -
In upper right corner of page -
Leave the search text box empty -
Click the 'search' button to get to the 'Advanced Search' page.
Old 09-13-2013, 03:24 AM   #43
donMaranzano
Zealot

I could not find the thread. Is it possible to help me....
Old 09-13-2013, 07:19 AM   #44
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
I could not find the thread. Is it possible to help me....
My bad, this is the thread.
Start at the first post of this thread and continue from there, learning how people first solved the problem.