Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-03-2019, 08:09 PM   #31
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Hmmm ... okay. I will study all that has been said and try to understand.

everyone!!

ETA: Been contemplating hard on all this, and finally ... I think I get it! — i.e., [^>]+ Thanks again all!

Last edited by odamizu; 08-05-2019 at 12:08 AM.
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 08:36 AM   #32
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
These questions and answers should probably be moved to our thread on regular expressions since they are not specific to our release.

Thank you!
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 09:29 AM   #33
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I moved the bulk of the last regex discussion. It can found on the last page of https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...167971&page=20
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 03:13 PM   #34
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Sorry I went too far astray, and thank you for finding my question a better thread to continue in.

Going back to the original topic of discussion (how to get a Word doc into Sigil) — I tried it two ways with success:

1) Word Doc with atrocious formatting (resulting from scanning a paper book) > Save As: Filtered HTML > import HTML file into Sigil > clean up with regex search/replace

2) Import Word Doc into Sigil using DocXImport plugin > light clean up using search/replace

#2 was easier, but #1 helped me learn regex — and I am grateful to everyone who helped me with the latter

Last edited by odamizu; 08-06-2019 at 01:03 AM.
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote