Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 07-26-2019, 06:55 AM   #1
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Saving a search

Using the latest Sigil 0.9.16 - Archlinux.

I have been unable to save a single search.

The two items (search and replace) were in their respective fields, but clicking on the Load button changed nothing. And there is no "Edit button" which could allow the user to insert a regex.

I probably missed something, but it does not seem obvious...
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 08:29 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I'm confused. If you're trying to save a search, why would you be clicking the load button? The Load button loads the highlighted (and already saved search) in the Saved Search dialog into the F&R widget. If you want to add a search to the Saved Searches, right-click in the F&R widget fields and select "Save Search." Hope something there helps.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 09:19 AM   #3
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
I am sorry but I do not understand your comment. Here is a screenshot contaning
1. - the search I am trying to save,
2. - the saved search window from the Tools menu.

Where exactly am I supposed to click to save this search?

EDIT

I finally right clicked on the search field to save the search ...

Thanks for your help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	search.png
Views:	120
Size:	294.2 KB
ID:	172582  

Last edited by roger64; 07-26-2019 at 09:25 AM.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 09:44 AM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post
EDIT

I finally right clicked on the search field to save the search ...

Thanks for your help.
No problem. I just couldn't quite tell from your original post if you were trying to load a saved search and didn't realize where it was being loaded to, or trying save a search and didn't know how. So I gave instructions for both.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote