Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-22-2006, 05:58 PM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle is 147yrs old today

As we all know, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle is the author of the Sherlock Holmes mysteries. A favorite of teenage boys everywhere, despite the master mystery solver's somewhat dubious drug habit. Fortunately I was too naive to even know what he was smoking until I was older!

His birthday today is only known by me because my browser homepage is Google. And at Google today there is a cute new version of the Google logo at the top. You might not know that when you see one of those new logos, you can click on it and the search results will tell you what it's all about. Mother's Day, Olympics, famous birthday... it's all kind of a fun surprise, mostly because the artist who creates these things is so excellent.

So if you have been meaning to pick out one of the Sherlock Holmes mysteries to read, what better time than on his birthday. The e-bookworm, Jen, over at Palm Addicts has also noted this birthday, and gives us some eReader links. But I'm sure you can also find more Sherlock Holmes stories at free e-book sites around the web if you aren't fussy about the formatting.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 06:50 PM   #2
paulkbiba
Connoisseur
paulkbiba began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia e61i, iPhone
You are right. Gutenberg has many of them in Plucker, txt and audiobook format. Manybooks also has some. Both oof them have most of his other works, also.
paulkbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2006, 08:52 PM   #3
doyle
doyle began at the beginning.

Device: nokia
Arthur Conan Doyle

Check out this introduction article on Arthur Conan Doyle:
http://www.articleworld.org/Arthur_Conan_Doyle
Content:
1.Sherlock Holmes
2.The Author's deductive skills