Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Who do you want to meet? (I'm sure I've forgotten someone important!) TAKE TWO !
Montsnmags (Marc) 19 39.58%
Daffy4u 12 25.00%
DixieGal 16 33.33%
Ricky Maveety 17 35.42%
lilacjive 12 25.00%
Ravenne 15 31.25%
PilotBob 15 31.25%
pshrynk 16 33.33%
Shortncuddlyam 15 31.25%
RWood 18 37.50%
Kovid 18 37.50%
Alex Turcic 18 37.50%
Slayda 12 25.00%
Uncle Duke 14 29.17%
Yvanleterrible 12 25.00%
EVERYBODY !!! (on the poll or not !) 49 100.00%
Zelda (Madame Z) 26 54.17%
Nekokami 13 27.08%
mjh215 12 25.00%
Nate the Great 16 33.33%
JSWolf 11 22.92%
Igorsk 18 37.50%
Alisa 9 18.75%
Cassidym 11 22.92%
Patricia 19 39.58%
Elsi 11 22.92%
vivaldirules 18 37.50%
Madame Broshkina 15 31.25%
HarryT 15 31.25%
Krisk 9 18.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-18-2009, 09:05 AM   #106
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly View Post
Well, I did say La Crosse has those lovely statues!

I grew up near Chicago and we were frequent visitors to Wisconsin in the summer. I have very fond memories of the state and would strongly recommend it to anyone thinking of visiting. (My sister still takes her kids up to the Dells and they love the ducks, my nephew was even allowed to drive one for a few minutes.)

But, it just doesn't compare to Paris and the opportunity to meet Hugo and Lefty (and Zelda).
driving ducks ??? just what kind of ducks do you have in wisconsin ???

(i agree hugo and lefty are worth the trip. but they get around sometimes, so you never know, they might one day show up in your neighborhood... watch out, they're charming, but they're (usually inadvertently) sometimes real trouble ! of course, they make up for that by regularly saving the day, so it all shakes out in the end. )
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 09:08 AM   #107
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Sorry pshrynk, I would love to meet you too of course.

Actually, I think my earlier idea of meeting everyone in an alternate universe using nekokami's nifty little device is still my favourite. So I will choose the 'everyone' option.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2009, 09:10 AM   #108
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Sorry pshrynk, I would love to meet you too of course.

Actually, I think my earlier idea of meeting everyone in an alternate universe using nekokami's nifty little device is still my favourite. So I will choose the 'everyone' option.
excellent choice.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:20 AM   #109
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post

(i agree hugo and lefty are worth the trip. but they get around sometimes, so you never know, they might one day show up in your neighborhood... watch out, they're charming, but they're (usually inadvertently) sometimes real trouble ! of course, they make up for that by regularly saving the day, so it all shakes out in the end. )
Ahh, you haven't heard of the enormous, squirrel chasing, vegetarian ducks living deep in the north woods of Wisconsin?

They are about 5 feet tall, have removable webbed feet which can be easily replaced with wheels, make lovely pets, and have an intense dislike of squirrels. They are rather elusive, but once captured with bribes of high quality chocolate, they can be tamed and they will even allow children to ride them. They are highly valued as pets.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:22 AM   #110
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Ahh, you haven't heard of the enormous, squirrel chasing, vegetarian ducks living deep in the north woods of Wisconsin?

They are about 5 feet tall, have removable webbed feet which can be easily replaced with wheels, make lovely pets, and have an intense dislike of squirrels. They are rather elusive, but once captured with bribes of high quality chocolate, they can be tamed and they will even allow children to ride them. They are highly valued as pets.
apparently wisconsin can rival australia for strange fauna. i wouldn't have thought that possible.
Advert
Old 04-18-2009, 09:22 AM   #111
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:

Sort of like this:

Designed in WWII. As a boat it makes a good truck. As a truck, it makes an excellent boat.

Touristy places use them to take people around and show natural wonders if there is water involved. The Dells is beautiful place in centrl WI that is overly built with tourist traps, one of which is a Duck tour.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 09:29 AM   #112
Curly
I need a holiday!

Quote:
apparently wisconsin can rival australia for strange fauna. i wouldn't have thought that possible.
Yep, you just pop on the wheels, throw the child up on the duck's back and away they go. They ducks can of course go in the water, but sometimes they try to take to the air which can be rather exciting for a young child.

Many people have tried to breed them in captivity, but it hasn't been very successful. Not enough chocolate perhaps.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:30 AM   #113
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
You should see the sturgeons that have been pulled out of the Mississippi around here.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 09:32 AM   #114
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Designed in WWII. As a boat it makes a good truck. As a truck, it makes an excellent boat.
makes perfect sense to me.

Quote:
Yep, you just pop on the wheels, throw the child up on the duck's back and away they go. They ducks can of course go in the water, but sometimes they try to take to the air which can be rather exciting for a young child.

Many people have tried to breed them in captivity, but it hasn't been very successful. Not enough chocolate perhaps.
chocolate is key to many endeavours.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:38 AM   #115
Curly
I need a holiday!

Quote:
Touristy places use them to take people around and show natural wonders if there is water involved. The Dells is beautiful place in centrl WI that is overly built with tourist traps, one of which is a Duck tour.
Yes, city people from Chicago think they are in the wilderness and need to find places to buy cheap souvenirs and do touristy things as they wouldn't want to have to actually spend time in the wilderness.

*Just kidding!

The tacky tourist stuff does detract from the natural beauty of the area though.

Last edited by Curly; 04-18-2009 at 11:29 AM.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:39 AM   #116
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Quote:
Sort of like this:

When I was about 5 years old my family took a vacation to the Dells and we took a Duck tour. I was allowed to drive the duck for about 3 minutes. Driving a Duck is sure a big responsibility for a 5 year old child but I handled it pretty well I must say. Another great thing is that putting that you have Duck experience on a resume opens a lot of doors. I was also a junior Fire Marshall in the third great that also looks good on a resume.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 01:59 PM   #117
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Hey!

La Crosse in the three days of summer can be quite nice.

If it doesn't rain.
On the twelve days of summer my true love said to me...
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:59 PM   #118
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
When I was about 5 years old my family took a vacation to the Dells and we took a Duck tour. I was allowed to drive the duck for about 3 minutes. Driving a Duck is sure a big responsibility for a 5 year old child but I handled it pretty well I must say. Another great thing is that putting that you have Duck experience on a resume opens a lot of doors. I was also a junior Fire Marshall in the third great that also looks good on a resume.
i see that even from a very young age you had your priorities in order.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:41 PM   #119
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
that's what i love about this place, more people want to meet everybody than have voted in the poll

who told boston and chicago that there was an election going on?

i am now taking bids for the next poll, my starting cost is $2 and a doughnut
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote