Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-01-2009, 09:06 AM   #1
pippin65
Enthusiast
pippin65 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
Missing My Fantasy Novel Maps

call me crazy but I like to get the "lay of the land" when reading fantasy novels -- the kindle just doesn't let me peruse them well. and when the heck is LOTR coming out in an ebook?
pippin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 10:10 AM   #2
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
You can joystick onto the pictures and click to magnify them, you know. But yeah, they're pretty small. However that's a problem with paperback books generally.

Tolkien was a Luddite, and would probably be horrified to discover his books being read on ereaders. As to why his estate is dragging its feet, I have no idea.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2009, 06:41 PM   #3
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
You can find a high quality map on the internet and either print it and take it with you or turn it into a PDF/ebook and put it on the device.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:20 PM   #4
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
To maximize the quality of your maps, greyscale them yourself down to 16, and reduce the size to 524x640 (or as close as you can get). The way maps look has been a noticeable improvement on the K2.

As for an authorized version of LotR... I suspect not anytime soon It will probably not happen until the younger generation of the family takes over.
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote