Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-22-2011, 03:40 AM   #226
captkjaneway
Cockney Sci-Fi Geek!
captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Tab S 8.4", Samsung S6 Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieEatsYou View Post
I'm baaaccckkk. And this time with a review of Ben Tripp's Rise Again.

Review of Rise Again copyright 2010 by ZombieEatsYou.
Never been a fan of zombie books or films, too sqeamish for the films and never seen a decent book, but this review may change my view - thanks
captkjaneway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:30 AM   #227
ZombieEatsYou
Groupie
ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 7" & 8.9"/Sony PRS 950/Entourage eDGe/Acer A500
Quote:
Originally Posted by captkjaneway View Post
Never been a fan of zombie books or films, too sqeamish for the films and never seen a decent book, but this review may change my view - thanks
I was about to ask "why are you reading this thread then?" before I got to your last sentence.

Be warned though that Rise Again is very descriptive in its gore.
ZombieEatsYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2011, 07:25 AM   #228
captkjaneway
Cockney Sci-Fi Geek!
captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Tab S 8.4", Samsung S6 Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieEatsYou View Post
I was about to ask "why are you reading this thread then?" before I got to your last sentence.

Be warned though that Rise Again is very descriptive in its gore.
Strangely I can do written gore.....I love Dean R Koontz, Stephen King, Richard Laymon etc but cannot watch it on screen.............I blame the music and those pesky kinds that wander into dark forests
captkjaneway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:01 PM   #229
ZombieEatsYou
Groupie
ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZombieEatsYou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrsam View Post
This came through on my Nookbook feed from B&N: Can You Survive the Zombie Apocalypse? by Max Brallier. It's an adult "choose your own adventure" type book. I downloaded a sample from B&N and the choices at the end of each chapter are interactive links. I haven't read it, but I like the idea of an interactive adventure on an ereader.
I picked this up as well. Thanks for the tip Isram.

It's not bad, well written, epic scenes. The only complaint I have is that after you've gotten to "an end" it's hard to get back to the last place you made a choice with doing a bunch of "go to>previous view."
Old 03-25-2011, 08:45 AM   #230
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Abraham Lincoln: Zombie Hunter
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2011, 08:47 AM   #231
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Just checking in to see if there are any zombies here.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:49 AM   #232
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post

Don
(Moderator)
Other then those in green, no.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 02:42 PM   #233
Billjr13
Addict
Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 700 & 650
Saw a new book at the store you might want to check out’ “The Zombie Autopsies” a novel by Steven Schlozman with an interesting medical twist. It is written in the form of a medical journal/diary. It looks like it is hand written and even has cool medical style illustrations of the internal workings of the zombies. Dr. Stanley Blum is a neuroscientist looking for the medical causes of zombieism and is himself already infected, as is two-thirds of mankind, with Ataxic Neurodegenerative Satiety Deficiency Syndrome (ANSD), the virus that makes flesh-eating zombies. Blum heads to an island off the coast India to dissect/vivisect captured zombies; in the hope of isolating the pathogen before it kills him. The science seems plausible and is pretty easy to understand. It doesn’t have a really “meaty” plot, Ha ha pun intended, but Schlozman gives us a pretty grisly view of the zombie apocalypse and a surprising explanation for the virus's origin.
Billjr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 05:44 PM   #234
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
- The Zen of Zombie: Better Living Through the Undead was a fairly fun little read. Not a "serious" zombie book, by any means.
- As mentioned before, J.L. Bourne's Day by Day Armageddon series (3rd book is coming soon) is a fun romp.
- After his passing, Z.A. Recht's Morningstar Saga will come to a close with the 3rd (and final) entry, Survivors, which is set to release this December.
- I really enjoyed Kim Paffenroth's Dying to Live.
- Another book that I found fun was Bowie Ibarra's Down the Road, and On the Last Day.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:19 AM   #235
RVS78
Letter Puncher
RVS78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RVS78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RVS78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RVS78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RVS78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RVS78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RVS78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RVS78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RVS78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RVS78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RVS78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablets
I like "Night of the Living Trekkies" - zombie outbreak during a Star Trek convention. Didn't think much when I started reading it but it was surprisingly good. Heard about "Zen of Zombie" - might have to pick that up. I just finished a revision with my zombie book so we'll see how that goes.

Old 03-28-2011, 10:48 AM   #236
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVS78 View Post
I like "Night of the Living Trekkies" - zombie outbreak during a Star Trek convention. Didn't think much when I started reading it but it was surprisingly good.
sweet, i looked it up and my have to snag one. it's 9.89 on kobo and with the discount codes floating around could possibly get it for half that. awesome ! i'm am def intrigued and will possibly give it a shot. thanks.
siraks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:59 AM   #237
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Wink

Any good zombie books out there ?

carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:06 AM   #238
BoiseShan
Connoisseur
BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle
Because of this thread I picked up the first of Rhianna Frater's books. The story was good, but the editing and proofing was so terrible that I probably won't continue with the series.
BoiseShan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 05:30 PM   #239
WilliamVitka
Word Puncher
WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Sony eReader, Kindle
I Am Legend by Richard Matheson is really the grandaddy of modern zombie tales (especially since George Romero has said that it provided the inspiration for Night Of The Living Dead. Also: please, for the love of god, ignore all film adaptations of I Am Legend).

One man, alone, trying to survive in a sea of the undead.

In the book, the infected are called vampires, but they're also pretty zombie-like. Better, Matheson has some fantastic science going on that provides a plausible explanation for it all.
WilliamVitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:05 PM   #240
ZombieEatsYou
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post

Don
(Moderator)
I'z here. Can iz have brainz?