Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-13-2008, 04:00 AM   #1
LeighleyUK47
LeighleyUK47 doesn't litterLeighleyUK47 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Question Half the screen missing on eBook Software!

Hi All,

Hope someone can help before i pull out the rest of my hair with frustration

The eBook libraby suddenly started only displaying the lines detailing the ebooks no icons at the top (though when i right click i get the menus) and doesnt display the side part the shows the library, Reader, pictures, sound etc.

I have a screen grab i can email anyone (or someone can tell me how to attach it? )

thanks
LeighleyUK47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 05:33 AM   #2
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
I had that myself, and ended up just switching to using calibre instead as it seemed too much hassle to be worth it
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2008, 05:43 AM   #3
LeighleyUK47

Quote:
Originally Posted by simond View Post
I had that myself, and ended up just switching to using calibre instead as it seemed too much hassle to be worth it
Thanks for you reply, the trouble is i then cant buy books from Sony eStore and as i still have a load of 'free' books to collect and an uncle in the US who'll get me the vouchers to purchsed I would like it back up & running!
Old 05-13-2008, 06:02 AM   #4
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Is there a tiny little square on the top left of the screen? If so, try clicking it and selecting the restore option or something.

(If all else fails then email Sony.)
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 06:27 AM   #5
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeighleyUK47 View Post
Thanks for you reply, the trouble is i then cant buy books from Sony eStore and as i still have a load of 'free' books to collect and an uncle in the US who'll get me the vouchers to purchsed I would like it back up & running!
Aah, I just went down the route of buying multiformat books in LRF format or converting LIT files, I deliberately avoided using sonys store as I prefer to have at least relatively portable ebooks if I change system in the future.
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2008, 12:52 PM   #6
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeighleyUK47 View Post
Hi All,

Hope someone can help before i pull out the rest of my hair with frustration

The eBook libraby suddenly started only displaying the lines detailing the ebooks no icons at the top (though when i right click i get the menus) and doesnt display the side part the shows the library, Reader, pictures, sound etc.

I have a screen grab i can email anyone (or someone can tell me how to attach it? )

thanks
I don't have the software on my work PC... but is there a view menu? If so, usually that will display various missing panes.

When you are editing a message, if you scroll down under the editor there is an "Additional Options" section. Press the Manage Attachments button which will let you attach images to your message. You can also use the insert image button on the message editor, but that requires that you are able to put the image on line somewhere... like your own web site or something.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 05:31 AM   #7
LeighleyUK47

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I don't have the software on my work PC... but is there a view menu? If so, usually that will display various missing panes.

When you are editing a message, if you scroll down under the editor there is an "Additional Options" section. Press the Manage Attachments button which will let you attach images to your message. You can also use the insert image button on the message editor, but that requires that you are able to put the image on line somewhere... like your own web site or something.

BOb
First Thanks for everyones' replies.

I did like the layout & features of the Sony software as well the ability to just buy books and have them auto upload to the reader without conversion (lazy thing am i! lol) even if it was terribly slooooow! I've installed on my dad's pc (Vista OS) & runs fine so i wonder if there is a dll or something (am not sure what these all mean tho do know way around PC) i have managed to delete whilst keeping PC tidy?

Anyway hopefully you can all see the pic as i now know how to attach it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ebook prob.JPG
Views:	366
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	12826  
Old 05-16-2008, 09:09 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
In the screen shot, it shows that you are in the status view. Just click on something else in the left pane.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote