Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-18-2011, 05:30 PM   #316
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
ME? Cheating??? Never

ok, I got it

Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 05:32 PM   #317
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Cool ... your secret is safe with me ... I don't think pdurrant saw anything...

Never!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2011, 05:33 PM   #318
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you, pooh! You are a true friend
Old 06-18-2011, 05:35 PM   #319
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Did somebody just say something?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 05:37 PM   #320
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat

Maybe we have the ghost of an excess buyer here? They die of heart attack sometimes when they do binge-buying. At least this is what I have heard. I don't binge buy. But there are people who do, I am told.
Advert
Old 06-18-2011, 05:39 PM   #321
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Just a vicious rumor. No buying going on here. Nope. No siree!

Nothing to see here folks. Move along now!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 08:34 PM   #322
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Last one I bought was at the start of the month when I bought the "H.C. Shelf of Fiction." I thought it had been longer than that, but had forgotten that one. Most of my 'purchases' are the free ones. Got to catch up on my new books eventually. I'm re-reading Warp Speed by Travis S. Taylor (Baen Free Library) at the moment. If I'm reading I'm not buying. lol.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:11 PM   #323
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
@Poppaea

OMG CUTE LEOPARD!
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:08 AM   #324
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
Not for me - lots of free books form part of some sort of series and, OCD me, I must get all the books from that series to feel complete. Not saying I have an addiction, just saying ...
This is going to be tough and I might loose: Three new books of different series coming out at July 1st.

What am I to do? Buy them, stay addicted to buying and become a victim of selfhate?

Or skip buying and have a nervous breakdown because I am a control freak loosing control?

@Ana
Old 06-19-2011, 03:29 AM   #325
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I did buy 2 books recently. Both were worthy purchases.

Wild horses couldn't have dragged me from purchasing if [tribe] = by Gary Ballard. I've been waiting for this book as a completion of the Bridge Chronicles, the first two of which I've already read. So I'm forgiven.

Next I bought White Tiger by Aravind Adiga simply because 3 people said something good about it, it was a Man Booker winner, it was an Indian author and it was only $5.70 at Amazon. All these sound like perfect justifications for me of course. But perhaps I shouldn't have been so trigger happy.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:39 AM   #326
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
i just bought 4 used books from abebooks and maybe 1 more from amazon.

by the way, does anyone know what "edges are dyed" means? it was in one of the bookseller's notes...
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:46 AM   #327
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
i just bought 4 used books from abebooks and maybe 1 more from amazon.

by the way, does anyone know what "edges are dyed" means? it was in one of the bookseller's notes...
I think it means that instead of the plain white color of the paper the book has color added to the edge of the pages so it's blue or gold etc. rather than plain white.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:48 AM   #328
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Just a vicious rumor. No buying going on here. Nope. No siree!

Nothing to see here folks. Move along now!
But I saw you!

There isn't much hope left for you poohbear I'm afraid. You may need to check in to a residential centre and hand in your ereader at the door.
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:51 AM   #329
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwipippa View Post
But I saw you!

There isn't much hope left for you poohbear I'm afraid. You may need to check in to a residential centre and hand in your ereader at the door.
Looks like you are seeing ghosts , Pooh didn't buy anything

Old 06-19-2011, 03:54 AM   #330
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
I did buy 2 books recently. Both were worthy purchases.

Wild horses couldn't have dragged me from purchasing if [tribe] = by Gary Ballard. I've been waiting for this book as a completion of the Bridge Chronicles, the first two of which I've already read. So I'm forgiven.

Next I bought White Tiger by Aravind Adiga simply because 3 people said something good about it, it was a Man Booker winner, it was an Indian author and it was only $5.70 at Amazon. All these sound like perfect justifications for me of course. But perhaps I shouldn't have been so trigger happy.
Now the first purchase sounds OK. The second sounds like addiction. How to tell the difference?

If the purchase is a book you've been waiting for, and that you want to read more than any other book in your TBR pile, so you'll be reading it within a day or two of buying it, a purchase is justified.

But if it's just an interesting sounding book at a reasonable price that's going to end up on your TBR pile for months or years, it's an addicition purchase. Much better to add it to a wish list. Wait for it to be in a sale or to otherwise be at a bargain price, rather than just a reasonable price.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote