Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 04-19-2011, 01:50 AM   #16
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASparrow View Post
Spoiler below

the

horror

aspect

is

a

red

herring
isn't that the same spoiler as this one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASparrow View Post
It's a fantasy pretending to be a horror novel. (I hope that's not a spoiler).
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 07:14 AM   #17
ASparrow
Addict
ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by basschick View Post
isn't that the same spoiler as this one?
Well, yeah.

To tell you the truth, I'm not even sure the fantasy aspect jibes with genre expectations. It's more like science fiction without explanation.

Boy, as usual I manage to create something that doesn't fit into any niche. Way to go!
ASparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 11:41 AM   #18
Anke Wehner
Addict
Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PRS-650
It took me a while to warm up to the book, but I finsihed the last... two thirds or so yesterday. Or today. Didn't really mean to read until 4 am. XD
Anke Wehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:33 PM   #19
ASparrow
Addict
ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anke Wehner View Post
It took me a while to warm up to the book, but I finsihed the last... two thirds or so yesterday. Or today. Didn't really mean to read until 4 am. XD
Thanks for the review! I've gone through and fixed some of the editing based on your helpful comments.

There's a fixed version on Smashwords now. (Though, it probably still has some errors I couldn't find. Typos are like zombies.)
Old 05-23-2011, 10:32 PM   #20
ASparrow
Addict

Sonant is free everywhere now. Even at the Amazon store. No codes required. Oddly, I got one and two star ratings at B&N. Funny, I didn't think it was that horrible. The typos mentioned in the 4 star Smashwords review have now been fixed. No matter. I'm onto my next three, which include:

1) A middle grade short novel I originally wrote for my daughter. "The Luminon"
2) A thriller (no fantasy) set in Africa
3) Third book in the Xenolith series.

Why three at once?
I'm feeling scatterbrained these days.

Xenolith has a glossary now, to make it slightly less cryptic to the poor souls who have no idea what's going on in it. The formatting didn't survive Smashwords' Meat grinder very well, but you get the idea.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:37 AM   #21
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Does that mean I should download a new copy of Sonant from Smashwords?
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 05:29 AM   #22
ASparrow
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Does that mean I should download a new copy of Sonant from Smashwords?
I would recommend re-downloading. A reader pointed out that I had a habit of occasionally not closing quotes in dialogue. This annoyance has been fixed. While doing so, I also found two logical inconsistencies (one involving a name change and another involving an contradiction) that have been repaired.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:11 AM   #23
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Cool - done.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:52 AM   #24
ASparrow
Addict

Sonant has gone through yet another cleansing since I last posted. I found some more open quotes and a few missing words that made some sentences seem garbled.

I'm not saying I've eradicated every bug, but the reading experience should be further improved.

Tags
deliverance, demon, faerie, jazz, music