Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-16-2013, 05:45 PM   #121
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Thanks Kevin & Paola,

I should've realized it probably wouldn't be an issue to upgrading, but I wasn't sure how things hooked in and just how much was being replaced in a firmware upgrade. Mostly, I wanted to make sure updating the firmware without removing anything wouldn't lead to any sort of a bricking.

Last edited by TechniSol; 05-16-2013 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Damned Auto-Mistake Keyboard
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:08 AM   #122
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinShort View Post
Just out of curiosity, how many items do you have in your list, Paola? Does the number of items have any effect on the offset? On my Glo, the menu is only offset by around 10 pixels. It wouldn't be hard for me to change how the list is positioned, but I don't know why the offset is so large on the Mini.
sadly, it did not work in terms of the offset, although, I can now see the "Tweaks settings" entry which I could not before, and with that I managed to get the shop and the wishlist to disappear, which I thought was broken - obviously it was just me!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:13 AM   #123
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
sadly, it did not work in terms of the offset, although, I can now see the "Tweaks settings" entry which I could not before, and with that I managed to get the shop and the wishlist to disappear, which I thought was broken - obviously it was just me!
OK, looks like it's time to edit some code! I've attached two tweaks installers below. The first, kobotweaks-glo.zip, has the tools menu positioned exactly where it's supposed to be on my Glo. The second installer has the tools menu positioned even farther down. You can try both and let me know how they are.
Attached Files
File Type: zip kobotweaks-glo.zip (70.2 KB, 392 views)
File Type: zip kobotweaks-offset.zip (102.4 KB, 354 views)
KevinShort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:05 PM   #124
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
OK, looks like it's time to edit some code! I've attached two tweaks installers below. The first, kobotweaks-glo.zip, has the tools menu positioned exactly where it's supposed to be on my Glo. The second installer has the tools menu positioned even farther down. You can try both and let me know how they are.
kevin, thanks - do I have to uninstall the old tweaks first?
Old 05-17-2013, 04:35 PM   #125
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Kevin, first of all thanks a million! The "offset2 version starts on top of the "Tools" text, so perhaps slightly too low, but it works very well, as it leaves room for at least one more tweak!

The "glow" version has still some offset - though less than before, it is still a couple of cm.
In short, though, the "offset" version works excellently, thanks a lot
Old 05-17-2013, 04:35 PM   #126
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Glad to hear it! If you'd like I could play with the positioning some more to try to perfect it on the Mini.

Last edited by KevinShort; 05-17-2013 at 04:37 PM.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:35 PM   #127
paola
Wizard

deleted, crossed messages!
Old 05-19-2013, 12:03 PM   #128
Mexx
Mexx began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Hi guys,

i'm very happy to see, sombody is already working on the device. First of all I want to thank the developers of the tweak files for enabling new features to us.

But I have to ask if i'm too stupid to find the option or it doesn't exist any more in this version of tweaks. I simply want to deactivate the highly annoying label in pdf-files which tells me the page number e.g. "PG. 3 of 351". This label hides the content of my files in a way that they are pretty useless on my reader.

Please can anybody help me?

I'm using the original Kobo Touch with FW 2.5.2 and latest tweak file.
Mexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:30 PM   #129
KevinShort
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexx View Post
Hi guys,

i'm very happy to see, sombody is already working on the device. First of all I want to thank the developers of the tweak files for enabling new features to us.

But I have to ask if i'm too stupid to find the option or it doesn't exist any more in this version of tweaks. I simply want to deactivate the highly annoying label in pdf-files which tells me the page number e.g. "PG. 3 of 351". This label hides the content of my files in a way that they are pretty useless on my reader.

Please can anybody help me?

I'm using the original Kobo Touch with FW 2.5.2 and latest tweak file.
I'm no expert when it comes to the tweaks plugin, but I took a look around anyway. I managed to hide the text, but it didn't free up any space. And I don't currently know how to integrate that into the plugin.
Old 05-19-2013, 04:32 PM   #130
Mexx
Mexx began at the beginning.

Hm, i am nearly sure, there was a former plugin (maybe an other one) that managed to get the text away in order to use the space for reading. But maybe I'm wrong.

I tought, that somebody has got an idea how to solve this issue. As I'm messing around with this problem since the first day I wanted to read a PDF file, a solution would be really appreciated.

Well, if it is not possible i will have to deal with it.

The text itself wouldn't be a problem for me, if the rest of the page would "rescale" so that no content disappears behind the page number. Moreover I noticed the used space for this text doubles(=about 2.1cm) when you flip the page, but this is a phenomenon that is only related to one special PDF (which was actually a power point presentation)

However, thank you for dealing with my problem!
Mexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:51 PM   #131
Thalinor
@Modders/Devs - Thank You
Thalinor is on a distinguished road

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro / Kobo Glo
First, thank you for the amazing Tweaks hack. Everything works fairly well on my Glo.

I was wondering if there was a way to remove "Previews" and "News and Magazines" (under Library)? Both menu options link to the Kobo book store, which is now thankfully hidden with this tweak, and thus no longer needed.

As others have said there is no way to get rid of Chess or Browser. I was going to add a "custom command" for Browser anyway, but it would be nice if any additional menu options like those be left up to the end user in future releases. End users can add those menu options (Chess, Browser, etc) anyway with custom commands.

I don't know if its possible, but can I add a script that executes on boot that after the device loads up to the home screen it auto switches to library, and then a 2ms later back to home? If so it would eliminate having to hit library and then home to get the tweaks to load.

Lastly, does anyone know if its possible to use this Weather Hack with the (updated) Kobo Tweaks hack in this thread, and if you think it will work on the Glo?

Last edited by Thalinor; 05-19-2013 at 10:45 PM.
Thalinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:38 PM   #132
PetrusKobo
PetrusKobo began at the beginning.

Hi,

I purchased a Kobo Touch a few days ago.
This tweaks app was exactly what I was looking for, to make it more than just an ebook reader.

I have the 2.5.2 firmware, so it required a bit of reading before I could make it work like I wished.
With this firmware, I had to use the kobotweaks-offset.zip to see the whole menu.

At first, I also used the "affiliate.conf" tweak to show the currently read book cover while in sleep or power off mode. But I had to open a book before I could see the Tools menu.

I reverted to the original affiliate.conf file, saying "affiliate=fnac" and whereas I get the ugly fnac logo instead of the book cover when off, the tweaks app automatically starts on powerup. And that's ok for me.

I'm still playing with the kobotweaks options, but i'm quite happy with it so far.
Thanks a lot for that awesome app you've brought to us

The only quirks I notice :
* On my firmware version, we can see the "Reading stats" menu showing up briefly before the real Teaks menu. Not a real problem, but it would be cleaner if you found a way to disable it.
* I wish there would be a way to remove the first 3 entries : "Browser", "Chess", and "Tweaks Settings", so the menu would be 100% custom.
* If the menu title ("Tools") could be editable too, in the kobotweaks.ini, that would be great. I is a bit unnatural when all the other entries are in another language (French in my case). But not a big deal.
PetrusKobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:32 PM   #133
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrusKobo View Post
The only quirks I notice :
* On my firmware version, we can see the "Reading stats" menu showing up briefly before the real Teaks menu. Not a real problem, but it would be cleaner if you found a way to disable it.
I have the same, and as far as i can remember this was the case with previous versions of the firmware, too.

/ Welcome to MobileRead!
Old 06-08-2013, 03:47 AM   #134
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
What will happen with this now that both Aura and Glo firmwares(2.6.2) have tiles interface on the home screen? Does this plug-in still work with the new firmware?
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:15 AM   #135
volpo
Addict
volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E, Glo HD
Updated KT to 2.6.1, edited .ini file to reflect this.

Unfortunately no joy with plug-in. It doesn't work, at least for me.

V
volpo is offline   Reply With Quote