Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-07-2013, 05:47 PM   #511
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
You will be reading this thread instead of books. What fun!

I'm just lucky to suddenly remember DejaVu Serif to be a free front, and I like it after it's made a bit fatter. So I've also found my "looks more like a book"-replacement of Caecilia.
Is your modified version shared somewhere? (Hint, hint.)
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:52 PM   #512
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
http://members.home.nl/katsunami/misc/DejaVu-Fat.zip
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:19 PM   #513
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
It's a pity you can't share your version of Amasis - it sounds wonderful.
Yeah
I'm not happy with the Italics yet They just don't look right but I read with it last night and I am very happy with the rest of the font.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:20 PM   #514
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Yeah
I'm not happy with the Italics yet They just don't look right but I read with it last night and I am very happy with the rest of the font.
What is wrong with the italics? Did you have to generate them?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:23 PM   #515
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
I think if I keep reading this thread I'm going to die of analysis paralysis.
I had to google that one. I feel the same way but I am starting to settle down on which fonts to keep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astmario View Post
Blossom could you write some quick tutorial for Font Creator 6.5, how to add weight, change line spacing...?
I don't have 6.5 but if you look throughout this thread the info on how to do that has already been posted just do a search. Basically the Metrics will change line spacings and Glyph Transformer is where you can make your font more bold.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:25 PM   #516
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
I want this font!

How do I make my books on KFHD use these fonts? The Paperwhite seems to be better on most books without me changing them.
You'd have to use Mantano or Moon Reader as the KF Kindle app only allows the set of default fonts unless you embedded the font in a KF8 using Calibre.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:28 PM   #517
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What is wrong with the italics? Did you have to generate them?
No I just don't care for the Amasis version of Italics. The lower case a's are different for one instance and they look like two different fonts. I plan to do some tweaking to get them to match better.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:58 PM   #518
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
No I just don't care for the Amasis version of Italics. The lower case a's are different for one instance and they look like two different fonts. I plan to do some tweaking to get them to match better.
I have the version of Amasis that comes with the T1 and yes, the italics do look like a different font now that I look at it. The version of Amasis from the T1 looks like the one you screen capped except not fixed up.

So how are you going to fix the italics other then redraw a lot of the letters?
Old 02-07-2013, 10:06 PM   #519
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I have the version of Amasis that comes with the T1 and yes, the italics do look like a different font now that I look at it. The version of Amasis from the T1 looks like the one you screen capped except not fixed up.

So how are you going to fix the italics other then redraw a lot of the letters?
I plan to take the letters that are mismatch and replace the ones from the regular then use Glyph transformer to make them italic. It may work, it may not but I'm gonna give it a try.

Didn't work too well so I resized the font and it looks more even now with the Regular. I'm happy with it.

Last edited by Blossom; 02-08-2013 at 03:06 AM.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:36 PM   #520
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
You'd have to use Mantano or Moon Reader as the KF Kindle app only allows the set of default fonts unless you embedded the font in a KF8 using Calibre.
Yeah when I use Moon Reader I get the font I want without doing any changes. I guess that is the easiest way to read on the KFHD without alot of work then. Is KF8 called Mobi on Calibre for conversion?
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:56 PM   #521
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
Yeah when I use Moon Reader I get the font I want without doing any changes. I guess that is the easiest way to read on the KFHD without alot of work then. Is KF8 called Mobi on Calibre for conversion?
Yes and No. It's just better convert to AZW3 than to mess with the Mobi settings to get a KF8 Mobi book.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:33 PM   #522
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
I plan to take the letters that are mismatch and replace the ones from the regular then use Glyph transformer to make them italic. It may work, it may not but I'm gonna give it a try.
Just try to remove the italic from PW - and see if that works better - rather than manually slant them.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:39 PM   #523
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Just try to remove the italic from PW - and see if that works better - rather than manually slant them.
False Italic only works only certain tags or classes though. I haven't figure out which ones yet.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:39 PM   #524
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Thank you very much, Katsunami.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:00 PM   #525
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:

Didn't work too well so I resized the font and it looks more even now with the Regular. I'm happy with it.
Screenshot please. Thanks.